makin' a list, checkin' it twice

Once again, my carriage turned back into a pumpkin. Which is fine. All of my horn tooting has subsided, lol. Rockin' the "silky" pink robe now (ratty pink one is out of commission for the moment) w/o a doo rag...tryin' to preserve the curls. Look at me, I'm relaxing all prissy now.

I'm on day 4 of these meds and it feels as if their starting to wear off. I'm going to hold out until tomorrow and see what happens. If I don't see anymore improvement, I will be bent over in the doctor's office by Wednesday, right cheek primed and ready for a shot. These daggone copays are adding up. Merry Christmas to me! I will finally get my mam.mogram on Friday. I always try to set my appointments towards the end of the day...until this woman said that I couldn't wear lotion, perfume, or deodorant. Needless to say, I had to sign up for the first train smoking b/c I refuse to walk around funky. She asked if I had implants, and although I know its procedure, I hadn't laughed that hard all day.

Saturday was fun, but Sunday was business...I was about my business. Although the Prez really likes "having me around", I need to be about mine for 2009. While on my Sunday night date...watching Rata.touille, sharing MY recliner and MY blanket, and eating stale Nilla wafers with the kid...I thought that it would be nice for us to do more artsy type things since J is a lot like me. I put him in this drama class afterschool (that of course, I have to pay for b/c cultural enrichment is not free). He has been doing really well and his teacher said that she always wants to give him the big parts b/c he's good at memorizing his lines. Go figure. He can't seem to remember what math page to study or to bring his jacket or library book home or to run to homeplate before just walking off into the dugout, but he can memorize some lines. He loves drawing and building things and I noticed that when struck with an idea, he loses focus on tv until he puts it to paper...like I used to do. So while surfing online, I found a FREE Saturday morning art program that he and I can take together at the local visual arts center. I emailed the director this morning to check February registration, so hopefully, she gets back with me and we'll secure 2 spots. And if I grow some balls and my bank account, I'll finally take those figure drawing classes over next summer while my baby is back home. I hate that I lost touch with what was once my passion, but I hope to get back to my roots in 2009. I feel as if it will lead me to somewhere...don't know exactly where, but somewhere close to home.

I keep wondering if interior design is something that I'd like to try my hand at. That statement was totally random, but the jury is still out.

Another goal of mine for the New Year (also requiring much testicular fortitude) is to start investing in stocks in January. One of my books had me so intrigued that I was up reading until almost 2 am. I come from a family of some of THE worst money managers. It seems that my cuz and I are the only ones working hard at being good stewards and trying to make ends to leave to our children's children. And its not as if we hadn't screwed up our finances before, its just that we've learned from those experiences. And seeing as how I wasn't as smart as Kim Por.ter to at least get impregnated by someone with money, I guess that I'll have to look for other means at stacking my own. My prayer is for substantial growth over the long term.

And lastly, I need a will. I have been putting this off for some time. I have life insurance policies and learned some legal mumbo jumbo but if something happens tomorrow without any directives, I just see myself leaving a huge mess behind. That needs to be taken care of ASAP.

All of these random thoughts are partially inspired by my increased stress level, frustration, and drama on the job. But I guess the method of motivation doesn't matter as long as it propels me towards my dreams...or reminds me of those deferred.

Have you made any goals for 2009?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great goals - pursuing passions, making a will... Good for you!

nikki said...

yeah, dreams deferred can be painful, but at least they're only deferred and haven't disappeared altogether, right?

i've got my list too. some of the items include:

1. finding steady, quality 'd' that's not attached to a crazy dude.

2. getting back in school full-time

3. writing my novel

4. getting up outta the atl

Serenity3-0 said...

Yes, this made me list out my goals for the upcoming year on my blog.. Yours are more "fancy" than mine though.

LB said...

@ Sistah Ant - Thanks! More to come but I gotta start somewhere.

@ Nikki - you should've listed #1 last b/c that's all that I could focus on from your list, lol. You and me both, lady. You and me both!

@S23 - I don't know about "fancy"...I just need to take care of me and mine.

Brothers Blog said...

Looks like you're putting those dreams out there and hopefully 2009 is the year that you will see them come true.

@ nikki

LOL @ your #1, & #3 Please do that. I don't read books but I would pick yours up. lol

clnmike said...

My goal for 2009 are the same as 2008 with the addition of "complete goals".