lunch from hell

I believe that I mentioned before, on here, that I was the treasurer of a professional org that I belong to...well, I was officially elected today. We had a lunch mtg at some country club (that I didn't REALLY want to go to), but I thought that it would be best for me to, at the least, show my face. Besides, this was our last mtg until September.

What I didn't bank on was that my old supervisor and a couple of former coworkers (including Golden Boy) would be at this mtg too. Normally, I was either one of 2 or the only one in attendance, repping my former employer. When I walked in and saw GB, I immediately looked up and asked, "God, why dost thou test me???"

You might recall that when I was "let go", I walked out without saying anything to anybody and refused to answer phone calls with my former employer's number plastered across my Caller ID.

I tried to sit at another table, but when the coworker that I actually liked (an older Russian lady that AGAIN...wanted to be like a mom to me) called me across the room, I couldn't ignore her just b/c I didn't want to breathe in the same air as that prick.

Prick: Hey! I really missed you.

I think that I threw up in my mouth a little. Ms. Russia kept asking me if I had any luck with the job search and even though I said "no", in both english and spanish, she didn't leave me alone about it. I mean, I didn't want to talk about it. I just wanted to be left alone and enjoy my fabulous meal...which WAS fabulous, btw. And then lunch hit an all-time high, when my ex-supervisor came in late and sat next to Ms. Russia. He could barely look me in my eye...he just waved. I wonder WHY?

This is the same man that invited me to mtgs that didn't include Ms. Russia b/c he said that he saw me as a leader and didn't see the same quality in Ms. Russia. That was just bullshyt talk apparently. I feel like somebody (that I really cared about) just broke up with me for no good reason.

After the presentation was over, former supervisor was hanging around to talk to me afterwards. I just kept occupied with the outgoing treasurer's duties and didn't even acknowledge that he was there. I can't keep running from these people forever, but how much can a broad take???

I'm still hurt.

5 comments:

SHA said...

Hi LB! Just left the longest comment and lost it. Im mad about that...cuz it was deep :)

kisz4tj said...

I know how you feel. I had a similar experience some years back. I got the "you're the BEST Kelly" and then I was blind sided. She wanted to talk to me, but I put a smile on my face, said I'm good and kept it moving. I wonder to this day what she could have possibly said to RIGHT what I felt was wrong.

Do you think that there's anything that would make you feel better at this point? If you think Supervisor will say those words, than maybe it is worth a listen. If not, keep doing what you're doing. It's a feeling..it'll pass. You'll be a MUCH better place soon.

chele said...

Why are they sweatin' you? What's done is done and they need to let it go.

ali said...

...and this too shall pass. When? I don't know but, it will.

Serenity3-0 said...

Can you come back to reality and blog? Thanks again for your anticipated appreciation.