???

It has now been 2 weeks since I was laid off. I've had my days. The first week felt like a vacation. This week feels like...a vacation.

If only I can get my mind to stop working overtime then I would be in business. I've been trying to revise my 5-year plan...the only issue is, I have no idea where I'm going to end up. I have been jotting down bulletpoints in the event that I stay here in VA or move back home.

I made the mistake of telling my dad that I had a phone interview for a company in Met.airie, a Ne.w Or.leans suburb, and he already has my house rented out, my stuff in storage back home, and has even advised that I take out some insurance on it, in case another hurricane rolls through. I have been in talks with that former professor of mine, who says that he may need my services but has also floated my resume around the N.O. area. I told a girlfriend of mine and she has already picked out J's elementary school and assured me that he can still play little league.

I love my people and I miss them. I would love to reconnect with the scene. It's still a bit sooner than I had planned, but if God decides to lead me there, then all I can do is follow, right? I'm just stuck on my house. I put a lot into it. I cannot imagine leaving it, selling it, or allowing anyone else to live in it.

Mayne, I had to get my grass cut on Sunday. Now, you know that my yard has come a long way! I was lounging in my pink robe when my neighbor's son knocked on my screen door and said that he'd cut my grass for $20. Sheeit, I THREW that money at him before he could change his mind. He was sent from God. I admired my lawn so much that I bought a new garden flag.

I just have so many dreams for this house...so many projects that I'd like to see to an end. I just have to remind myself that if God wants me to move then its on to bigger and better things...I cannot get caught up in one possession.

But I tell you one thing...if I do move back home and catch a glimpse of one of those flying roaches, I'm coming back. Straight.Up. I have not seen a roach in almost 4 years. I am certain that I will stroke out on sight. I don't miss THEM, evacuations, and the stress of having to stay with my dad for a little while.

I have also been debating an MBA. I know that that sounds random and when left to these four walls, I can be pretty random, but I think that I may want to make the transition. I would like a concentration in sustainable design. Going "green" is all the rage and ever since I got my LEED accreditation, I have been interested in that avenue...ya know, that less engineering avenue. But if I do it, I HAVE to sit in somebody's classroom. We'll see where that goes.

And then there's the matter of my PE license. Don't know what I'm going to do about that. I'm reluctant to spend money on that exam right now while I'm still trying to map out my direction. Same as my MBA dream, I need a location first. The exam is only offered in April and October. If I sign up for the one in October, I have to submit all my paperwork in June and I just don't know if all of this madness will be worked out by then.

I hate being in limbo; yet, I'm excited to see what's in store for me.

Do ya'll working people realize how many court shows come on tv throughout the day? And Her.pes commercials are almost every other commercial break? Are people getting sued over spreading that virus b/c I'm trying to figure out the correlation??? Between afterschool care and drama classes, I didn't realize how little time my son actually spends learning at school. Can't they teach them chillen 'til 5??? LOL. Oh,and I live around some hillbillies. I have gotten stuck behind a bus twice this week b/c this barefoot woman took her time to get her child on the bus. Granted, I have no where to be but is it too much to ask for her to move her ass? I mean, seriously. Ugggh. The highlight of my week was when this lady that I used to work with (at the company before this last one) and her daughter surprised me with Dai.ry Qu.een on Moth.er's Day. She tries to be like a mom to me. I heart older women, but I wonder why most of them want to be a mom to me. Do I need THAT much guidance?

Anyway, enjoy ya'lls working days.

4 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I've got to ask though, have you floated the resume out to the Lone Star state? I remember at one point you were thinking of there. It's still close enough to home so you can drive there when you miss it, but still away.

LB said...

Naw, I haven't done that yet. I told a couple of recruiters that I'd consider Texas, but if I can stay in VA, then I will. New Orleans is convenient b/c I can transition easier and be in a better position to wait out the housing market slump by only paying one mortgage until it was a good time to sell.

DJ Diva The Mixtress said...

As someone who moved around alot in the last 3 years...i know that the idea is very daunting...but I also know how resilient you are and I'm sure you'll be fine no matter where you end up...

If you move to texas...u and s30 can take turns babysitting ;)

email me at djdivathemixtress@gmail.com so I can give you the address of ze blog..

Anonymous said...

*lol* @ the court shows. During my 12 weeks of maternity leave, I got the biggest laughs by watching those shows. Judge Milian on the People's Court was the only one that had any sense.

Good luck on the job search. Not sure where in VA you are or what kind of work you're looking for, but send me an email. Maybe I can help. mrstdjinchoccity@gmail.com