swag on

I actually have a 2nd grader...a 2nd grader whose face and belly seem to be on swole status since his trip to the N.O. PawPaw and 'em serve heart attacks on a plate daily, it seems. I'll give him a month to shed those extra pounds. I'm still trying to figure out how all of his pants look as if he's running from Gus.tav. Speaking of Gus.tav, I'm glad that I got my a$$ out of dodge. I don't predict a lot of damage (and I'm not Bob Bre.ck, so don't quote me on that) but one thing that I don't miss is the whole 2-3 day evacuation rigamaro. I called my dad this morning to make sure that he had a plan. His main concern was that the women and grandchildren evacuate first...and that he had enough liquor for the occasion.

But I digress...


Today, I got to meet my JJ's new teacher, Mr. Swag (that's what I'll call him b/c he had too many letters in his last name and those were the only 4 that I could decipher...dag, I feel sorry for those poor children when they have to ask HIM to go to the bathroom during the first week of school). Aside from that, this is the first year that I have actually felt excited about a teacher. I think b/c Mr. Swag gives me the impression that he loves his job. J's first grade teacher was a little too mellow for my taste and don't even get me started on his kindergarten teacher at his old school. The latter one had one more time to call me at work over some silly mess before I proceeded to throw some 'bows. But I think that me and Mr. Swag shall get along just fine. I was already in good spirits b/c I spent less than $15 on school supplies by shopping for them on tax-free weekend...and I sped through the maze of The Bottomless Pits of Hell Wal-Ma.rt, no less. I quickly wheeled that cart out of there, to the tune of Miss.ion Imposs.ible, with my shades on that fine Saturday morning. At 5 cents per notebook, I HAD to be stealing.

But I digress again...

I anticipate a strong year for J, from start to finish.

0 comments: