good times

Soon my carriage will turn back into a pumpkin. In 2 days, I will see my baby, whose teeth seem to be dropping like flies. In 2 days, I will give a charbroiled oyster a serious mouth hug. In 2 days, I will be able to see all my partnahs...and I'm excited. In 2 days, I will be back home and I CANNOT wait. But I have to admit, I will miss all of this freedom that I have had for the past 2 and a half months.

This summer was the hotness. I rolled wherever I wanted to without a thought towards babysitters or aftercare fees. Hell, I was ACTUALLY ABLE to roll wherever I wanted to, b/c I just hate asking anyone to babysit for me. My birthday was the sh*t and I've been enjoying 30 ever since. No arguments with my favorite barber while J was getting a fresh line, no races to my J's bimonthly allergy shots, and unfortunately, not as many gelatis after a grueling t-ball game of 2 hits: one in the head and the other to the groin. Nobody shoved me at 6 in the morning to let me know that it was a new day or that the sun was up. I was ACTUALLY ABLE to use the bathroom uninterrupted or without a bystander. No long, drawn out conversations about Spon.ge Bob, Harr.y Po.tter, or The Naked Brothe.rs Band (whoever they may be). Less laundry, no recycling projects to discreetly throw away, a heap of junk food, and not once was I awakened by a foot in my clavicle everytime I fell asleep on the couch (looking like a busted version of JJ and Micha.el on Good Ti.mes).

Yes sir, it was a glorious summer for Ms. LB. But you know what? I can't wait to get back in the groove. I might have to take the boy down a couple of pegs in the process but it'll be all good. He's been claiming that he's ready to come back and was planning his return to VA by the 10th of this month (why he picked that date, I still don't know). I'm sure that when he finds out that his TV privileges and new Wii are to be weekend activities again, he'll be hot with me from the start. And try as he might to yank another tooth out, he is NOT getting $5 from this regional tooth fairy. The block shall be hot again when he steps out with me to walk those hills. I still plan on us letterboxing and pottery painting, but I plan to tag that a$$ when we play his "Hig.h Sch.ool Musical" Playstation game. It shall be Good Times indeed.

But unfortunately, I reviewed my list of projects that I wanted to complete while he was gone...and well, I kinda half-a$$ed them. I never tiled my backsplash, or created that indoor bistro awning for my kitchen. The only things that I DID tackle were painting J's bathroom and cleaning his room out. I have yet to mulch around my now single tree and create that garden around my mailbox; however, I have dumped some money into having a yard man clean up the leftover debris from my MIA trees, bring in some top soil, and preparing my yard for some grass. So there IS progress on that front and I just rescheduled all of that mulching and planting action for the fall (my now favorite season). I gotta create the proper foundation first.

So it has been a helluva summer...not neccessarily productive on the home front, but great all the same. It's about to get real again. And I'm ready!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My "baby" just came home on Sunday; after being gone since the day before school let out. (I don't waste time!) While it was nice to be able to come and go as I saw fit, it feels even better to have her home.

LadyLee said...

I'm glad J is coming home. And he'll be a little taller, and have a little bass in his voice, lol.

Have a safe trip home. And please bring me one charbroiled oyster back in a bag. Much obliged!