allow me to BRAG for a moment...

Three years ago in August, I was blogging hard under another tag back home in the N.O. And as if I didn't have enough drama going on in my everyday life back then, Hurri.cane Ka.tri.na hit and I disappeared (without word) from the blog scene for a few weeks. But please don't be confused before I continue...this blog is not REALLY about me.

When I returned, I had about 40+ comments from a slew of lurkers and bloggers alike. Some of them were from people that were genuinely concerned about the well-being of me and my son...and some, (I thought) were just people jumping on the bandwagon trying to be a part of the majority and get noticed. But there was this one broad (and I'm laughing as I type this), who ACTUALLY typed her cell number in my comment section and offered to take me to dinner, I believe.

Who knows how long her number was put on blast like that before I had access to a computer to remove it, but I remember thinking, "I don't know who this chick is, but she has to be CRAZY to put her number out there for all the other crazies to see!"

That chick was S23...and YES, that broad IS crazy!

She's also unbelievably considerate, compassionate, charitable, articulate, a motivator, insightful, and sometimes I believe that she's selfless to a fault. I know another thing to be true...she's a hard-a$$ chicken and dayum if she doesn't challenge me and Leezarus almost everyday...read: get in our a$$es...or pour into our spirits until our cups runneth over. To the point where I don't know who invented "come to Jesus" meetings, but sometimes I'd rather deal with Jesus or the wrath of God than to hear her mouth! But you know what that is? That's love right there. Over the years, we have become like sistas and I truly feel that I'm closer to her than some of the friends that I've known for many more years.

So to read that someone was offended by her alleged "bragging", I was actually amused and I'll tell you why. I have read SO TOO MANY disparaging, belittling, judgmental, ignorant and derogatory comments and blogs about single mothers AND their kids. So to read that one of us has a hater, that must mean that we have come up in the world. Hey, maybe we're right above murderers now and, if that's the case, somebody pop the cork on the champagne b/c IT'S A CELEBRATION, BIATCHES!

So let me get this straight...this chick has overcome the odds and managed to BUY A HOUSE and provide more than a shabby shelter for her and her child? Is that right? Maybe I'm confused, but is this the same woman that is teaching her son through her ACTIONS that if you believe it and receive it, you can achieve it? Wait a minute...I absolutely cannot have this right, so tap me on my shoulder if I'm mistaken, but is this yet the SAME WOMAN that stepped outside of her comfort zone and moved her household several states away to provide her son with a better quality of life??? You know what...come to think of it...this HAS to be the same woman, b/c I witnessed all of that. NO ONE handed her a DAYUM thing!!! Her blessings come from God and, although I fall off the blog scene every now and again, I know that she attributes ALL OF THAT to the grace and love of God.

So if S23 won't brag about it, then I WILL b/c dammit, she's EARNED the bragging rights and EVERYTHING that she has acquired in this short time span, on down to every clear heel in her closet. I learned many moons ago that you should not be jealous of what someone else has b/c you do not know what all that person had to go through to get it. I also learned, around the same number of moons ago, that when one of us comes up, you should rejoice and pray that you're next in line.

In closing, I'll just say to ANYONE that takes issues with S23's blessings, the same thing that I said to a commenter that jumped stupid in my comment section some 3 years ago: Hop off her pubic hairs, b/c you're weighing her down!

5 comments:

miss jo ladie said...

are you friggin kidding me?!?!?! anyone who reads her blog CAN SEE CLEARLY what a blessed, motivated, hard working, woman she is! WTF?!

Ugh. I'm annoyed.

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm glad you are scared of me getting in yo azz! 9th ward on that! LOL! I totally forgot about how we became friends. And what blogger cared enough to want to dial my number? LOL! None! Anywho, thank you for the kind words.. NO more being selfless though.. You know what THAT got me this last time.. So can I request an outfit with peacock feathers on it? LOL..

AMES said...

That was beau-terrific

Anonymous said...

Girl please. Unfortunately you don't have to sign a waiver stating your age and maturity level before gaining access to a computer thus the haters.......Any and everyone who has followed S23/S30 blog KNOWS the deal. She is blessed and highly favored. I've told you before I'm a few years older than you ladies but you are my homegirls and I absolutely LOVE following yours and S30 blogs. Keep posting.

Faye

chele said...

Found you through LadyLee (who else, right?)

I've been reading Serenity for a while and I know it ain't nothing but hate that has folks confusing her testimony with bragging.