perspective

My childhood "play cuz", C, called me this evening to tell me that his younger brother died in his sleep this morning.

C's mom, Ms. M, and my mom were best friends in Cha.ttanoo.ga. Ms. M has 4 children, this brother, Ev, being the youngest at 26. Me and C are the closest in age and he lives about an hour or so from me. We just had dinner last Saturday, during which he mentioned going to visit and spend time with Ev for the holidays.

Last week, I walked in on a convo amongst moms when I picked up J from drama class. They were discussing just how horrible 2009 has been. I can say that 1999 was probably the worst year of my life. 2005 was a bitch. But 2009 has just been a challenge. I've had my fair share of ups and downs this year...but I'm still here.

I have all these child-like visions of heaven. Since I remember my mom joking around with Ev the most, I hope that she was a part of his welcoming committee...with his favorite, Oreos, in hand.

As for the rest of us...we're still here.

RIP EM

0 comments: