the juices

Yes, I got the creative juices flowing! Today, was J and I's last art class for the month. The topic? Painting gourds. I wasn't too thrilled but when the teacher said that we can turn them into Christ.mas ornaments, I was in there like swimwear.

But of course, J, had to show off and do more than was tasked.


He chose to make 2 ornaments. The second one from the left is named Pablo. I have no idea why. Anyway, the green and red may actually be visible on our tree, but that last one may have to be strategically-placed, lol. Bless his little heart, he was having fun. I, on the other hand, was scoping out the competition and then decided to do my own thing.




I only did 2, but the teachers were quite impressed. The director of the program got her camera and took a pic of J and I's gourds. It's safe to say that arts and crafts is my thing.

J: Mommy, is that you when you were a little girl?
Me: No baby, we didn't wear scarves in the N.O., lol.

So, I'm getting my mojo back on the design tip. Home.goods just had a grand opening on the We.st End. Before now, I would constantly see commercials for this store...salivate over the stuff that they would advertise...and then get mad b/c the nearest one was in northern VA. Not anymore. I rolled through there at lunch on Friday and it was complete pandemonium. People were practically dropping down from the ceiling tile and scaling the building. It was THAT serious! They had a lot of Chris.tmas stuff, but it's against my religion to buy Christ.mas decor pre-Christ.mas. Anyway, they had so many shiny, pretty things that I was like a kid in a candy store. I believe that I may have even gotten misty-eyed.

Normal women splurge on clothes, shoes, and purses. I splurge on housewares.

So, I'm looking around and I hear something whisper, "LB!"


It was love at first sight. I threw that joint under my arm as if I were stealing it. It was the only one on the shelf. At least 2 ladies stopped me to gaze at the clock. That's cool, but if they made any fast moves, I would've been on the news...over a clock. This isn't a game, lol.

I've already welcomed it to the family...it seems pretty happy on my chocolate wall.



It's not so clear in this pic, but it blends in lovely. If I had a word to describe my taste, I would say "fun". I would love it if I had more sophisticated tastes but I gravitate towards a lot of bright colors...and there's nothing like walking around your house and seeing something that makes you smile. I've browsed at many a "chic" room and admired it from afar, but I can't change what I like. Speaking of that, I slid on over to Pi.er One, my lover, and copped some hotness!



Truth be told, I hate dressing windows. I had these faux wood blinds installed over every window shortly after I moved in, b/c there were absolutely no window coverings. I was good with that, but I recognize that panels do soften a room and can make a wall pop all at the same time. The issue that I have with window dressing is that some curtains are so heavy or solid or serious-traditional, formal-looking. It's hard for me to carry my "fun" theme on to panels. Anyway, my new bedroom...



Leezie (and some of her readers) gave me the side-eye for throwing an orange pillow on the bed with blue walls. So, I understand that my bedroom is not for sensitive eyes. I'm weird...I do not like patterns on comforters (or big pieces like sofas) b/c I know that my taste can change with the wind. But I have yet to put up a solid panel in the house. Anyway, my new panels bring out Leezie's blanket superbly, IMO...although it's hard to tell in that picture. I fall in love with that shade of blue, more and more everyday.

I'm in the middle of trying to hang another curtain in my loft and well...it's not working out. I'm going to have to stare it down for another day or 2, perhaps, before I make a move.

But the juices are back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that shade of blue!
Actually I love all shades of blue.

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm mad you lied on that clock and said it was screaming "LB." That's all!

clnmike said...

Those were good looking.

Anonymous said...

I love the way the colors flow..very nice.


TJeanise