curly girl wonder diaries - what gives

So, it's Friday...just got paid...and the party is at the crib. It's SPA night. As time passes, I get incredibly lazy, so I haven't done any ayurvedic treatments in...I don't know when. I've just co-washed and deep-conditioned overnight...only to get up Saturday morning and do the single-strand twists and pray that the style lasts a week.

This is a pic of 3rd day hair...or is it 6th day hair? I washed last Saturday, coiled it up, wore the coils until Tuesday, picked them out on Wednesday and this is tonight's hair before my co-wash.



I've been doing this for weeks. This caters to my laziness, plus, I wanted to minimize as much manipulation as possible, considering the amount of shedding I had been experiencing. Speaking of which, it stopped. Well, not altogether but the shedding that I see now seems more natural. I don't know if it was the change in seasons, hormonal shift, stress, or a combo of the three but it has slowed up. I'm trying to remember if I shed as much during the early fall as a permie, but I don't recall. It could've been normal and my stressing over it probably didn't help things. Anyway...

So, I've been doing the coil-outs so much that I couldn't tell how full my hair has gotten. Unfortunately when I was sick, I didn't feel like doing too much of anything for long periods of time. Add to that, I somehow stabbed myself in the eye. I keep having eye issues, it seems. My right eye was bothering me, so I took my right contact out and just walked around like the one-eyed bandit. Well, I should've put my glasses on to do my weekend coils b/c by the time that I COULD see out of both eyes, it was no bueno. So, I had to improvise that week.


You can almost see that my right eye looks a little lazy. When it was red, my coworkers thought that I had the swine flu of the eye.



An ode to my forehead.



And...the back of my 'fro and those 2 big stars, my gunz!

Just look at how much it's grown since June...



Honestly, I didn't realize that my hair was THAT low cut until I was flipping through my photo albums. So, it looks like I'm back in the saddle again...and may have to have some more "happy accidents" with my 'fro more often.

0 comments: