randomosity

1. Today was "Drama Mama or Papa" day at J's drama class. I left work early to act silly for a whole hour. J seemed so proud and happy that I was there. I needed that.
2. I am overbooked. Keeping up with practices, meetings, scrimmages, clinics, projects, races, fundraisers, etc. is very overwhelming right now. And somewhere in that, I have to make time for me. (And I could've sworn that I only had ONE child).
3. Unless J turns into Mich.ael Jor.dan by March, I don't think that we're going to do this basketball thing next year. I can hardly stand to watch him out there.
4. Can you believe that I had to email J's teacher to ask about his grade for that simple machine project? I...I mean...J got a 100!
5. I marched my little butt right over to the office of the Board today during lunch and handed over my "appeal" to their decision. If they still won't allow me to take the test in April, then I'll just accept it and move on to Plan B (whatever that is), but I couldn't go down without a fight.
6. My mentor/former supervisor in New Or.leans wrote me a sweet letter after I "cried on her shoulder". Sometimes I need to remind myself that I have good people in my corner.
7. And with that said, I need to ease my frustrations...and cash in this massage gift certificate and this eyebrow threading gift certificate that I got for Christmas.
8. The latter certificate kinda scares me. I only let one woman touch my face.
9. The day that I get all of the forms that I need to do my taxes, is the day that I do cartwheels in the parking lot.
10. This past weekend was the BEST weekend in football as far as I'm concerned.
11. It's been finalized. I'm going home for Mardi Gras this year. I'm pretty damn excited.
12. I need a break from VA. Seriously.
13. I don't give a damn what happens THIS year, I'm going to Chicago in July. I will book those tickets next. One more reason as to why I'm still bitter about the layoff.
14. On some days, I can't even quantify how much my dad gets on my nerves. And on others, he takes his meds surprises me and acts like a father should.
15. I'm not certain, but I think that there are 3 white guys at work flirting with me. Yet, when I'm in close proximity to a black guy (i.e. the elevator), the nearest female tries to "sell" him to me.
16. My rule: Equal Opportunity, in general. No opportunity at work.
17. I was going to write a blog about my attempt at being debt-free (excluding mortgage) by the end of 2010. But after dropping some bills on my car recently, I'm not so sure. I am disappointed that my original goal of paying off my student loans by June 2011 is looking kinda shaky.
18. I am sitting here...eating whipped cream out of the container while thinking of ways to modify my diet.
19. It's not looking too good for the home team.

4 comments:

ali said...

Yeah! You're coming to Nawlins for Mardi Gras...I hope it's not cold, I don't go if I'm cold..lol
Your hair is too cute for words!

chele said...

Whipped cream out of the container? Alrighty-then.

We both need a break from VA. I'm going to FL in March. Yay!

Eyebrow threading sounds scary. My daughter had it done and said it wasn't too bad. Whatever.

Serenity3-0 said...

Have a blast at Mardi Gras. I think #16 is the funniest of them all.

kisz4tj said...

Awww...next time I'mma need you to include a #20 and end it on a up note.