randomosity (part II)

1. So…I got my gas bill. While my dad was here, he thought it a good idea to heat the house by turning on all 4 burners, my oven, and jacking my heater above 75 degrees. Needless to say, when I got the bill, I clutched my chest a la Fred Sanford and shouted, “Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you, honey!”
2. Why is my son so daggone ssssssslllllllooooooooooowwwww??? I swear that I hear the Fat Albert theme song as I watch him walk around the house in the morning, looking like one of the Cosby kids from the cartoon.
3. Is it normal to feel as if you're experiencing post-partum depression...8 years later???
4. I wonder if I have this note written on my forehead that says, "Please, tell me ALL your business." If something goes down, I don't want anyone to have a reason to subpoena me.
5. I had 2 coworkers confide in me...bad stuff about the other one. I remained neutral, but gave both of them a pep talk stressing how they should focus on their own work and suggested ways in which they could better deal with the other.
6. Well, one of them was fired today.
7. Yeah, I really need to work on being unapproachable.
8. Spring cannot seem to come soon enough.
9. I feel so disorganized and unable to focus...which is probably the reason why I can't come up with one cohesive blog.
10. I haven't had a good night's sleep in 2 weeks. I feel "wound up" almost all the time.
11. Sometimes I notice that the qualities that I don't like in other people are present within me.
12. How long is it still considered acceptable to have a Christmas tree up?
13. I'm having an unhealthy addiction to Nick at Nite...The Nanny, Everybody Hates Chris, Malcolm in the Middle & George Lopez. Man, if they somehow threw the Golden Girls in the mix...I'd never sleep.
14. For some reason, I can't commit to shows that I have to watch in sequence to know what's going on.
15. I have been suffering from all kinds of fears of commitment lately.
16. I didn't even want to commit to a Triple Play bundle with Veriz.on. I always feel like big companies are trying to take advantage of me in some way. I ask reps to repeat themselves and then write it down word for word...and THEN call back to talk to another rep to make sure that what the previous rep had in the system was correct.
17. After typing that out, I almost feel as if I should make an appointment with my Suzie.
18. I like being natural (for right now), but sometimes I wonder if some natural-heads are nutjobs.
19. I just can't wrap my mind around why what someone chooses to do with their hair, body, or simply their life period, is a problem for someone else.
20. Looks like I have a Valentine this year. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol @ fat albert theme song.

And girl people are seriously a trip with their opinions about someone elses preference for their life.
I love my hair right now :)

Serenity3-0 said...

Yes, some naturals are nutjobs! They're just regular folks with natural hair. Still don't change what's under the hair.

kisz4tj said...

BAM - 11. Sometimes I notice that the qualities that I don't like in other people are present within me.
*sigh*

T is a slow poke as well.

WooHooo...for the Valentine. :-)

ali said...

To answer your question about the christmas tree...let me just say that, there are beaucoup trees here with Mardi Gras stuff all over them!!!
WHO DAT!!

Anonymous said...

Yep, our recent electric bill had be screaming like a mad woman, turning the heat down to 68 and unplugging everything except the fridge and tv. *lol*

@ #4 - you have a sign too? I had to start closing my office door. I knew WAY too much information about my co-workers. Me saying "Good morning" turned into an open invitation for folks to tell me about their children, marriage, s*x life, etc. Whoa!!