let it rock

J woke up this morning and looked out of the window and said, "Mommy, I believe that its finally fall." Well, Captain Obvious was a little late, but how often do we take time to observe the beauty of the seasons.



Yep, that would be leaves on my grass. YES AGAIN, leaves on my new GRASS! (If you don't know why that excites me, then peep the previous hot garbage that was my yard!) So this is all sexy and everything but uh, who's gonna rake this mess up? Now that I have a few blades of grass, I finally emailed a pic of my house to HGTV so that it can be featured during one of their commercial breaks. We'll see if they choose it...I'm still scouting HGTV shows that will actually come to VA and do a free backyard makeover. So far, none. But I shall put my faith out there for Carter...dayum, he's sexy. I can't wait until I'm able to roll out some money to have the siding painted an inviting yellow, my door red, and my shutters white. THEN, my neighbors will really be on my jock.

So I decided to stay home today to get some much needed rest. I had a major project going out of the door yesterday and once that was over, I was ready to crash! Especially since I have been trying to stay drugged all week. I am still heavily congested and am walking around with vaseline on my nose and upper lip b/c of all the nose-blowing, but I'm feeling a little better. I have 3 other projects on my desk and then checked my lineup and noticed that I was signed on to do 3 MORE projects by my-damn-self! Its a double-edged sword, I guess. I got what I wanted but I'm going to be working my a$$ off, all within kissing distance of Christ.mas. Can't complain...won't complain...I got work.

I think that I'm still in shock today. It is a blue-tiful day in VA. I know that the blog world has been inundated with Bara.ck O-blogs (lol), but I just have to say that I have never been as emotional about a win like this. I know that Newsguy is somewhere crying in a corner. **devious laugh**

I have no clue...and he certainly has his work cut out for him...what Obama is going to do for America in the next 4 years, but Black America has been exponentially impacted in less than 24 hours. My J, at 7 y/o, was able to see someone that looks like him achieve his dream. His smile was so big when I told him that "Rock" Obama (as he once called him) had won. You would've thought that it was his daddy making his election day speech. I'm debating on whether or not I'm going to his inauguration on Jan. 20th. I feel as if I live too close to DC to NOT go, but who knows. I may value my warmth more, so we'll see. At this point, I'm just glad that all the texting and calls have ceased. The "40 acres and a mule" text was funny the first time, but around time 20, it was annoying as all hell.

Navy and I are talking again. He apologized and I'm cool. I still have no interest in going to that Gala with anybody, so that might be some saved money staring me in the face.

Well...I'm about to go take some successive naps until its time for me to pick up "Rock" Jr./Baby J.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your house. I would love to go to the inauguration myself. Fifty-leven blasted texts and a few others that were down right racist had me on edge myself!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

cant say Obama, but i can say president of the undited states of america. now the real work begins cause most folk a Pay check away from a pink slip

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm tired of seeing this. Write something!