day in the life of...

So, its already been established that I ain't wrapped too tight, right? I mean, even before I decided to dress up as Prince, right? Good! Let me just say...Prince is THE man! Not b/c he's a musical genius or anything. Not b/c Pur.ple Rain is considered a classic, all horrible acting considered. I've seen this man perform twice in my life. And while I was so in awe of his talent and his ability to hypnotise his audience with his heavily guy-linered eyes alone, I neglected to take notice that this dude gyrates, humps, splits, slides, kicks...heck, he probably even sex-es...in high heels. After only walking for less than 8 hours in my high heel boots, I was ready to throw in the towel.

Even still, yesterday was one of my top 5 days for 2008. I had a ball being somebody else. I believe that I was in competing range of J's excitement to be Ana.kin Sky.walker. I didn't really do the "Halloween thing" growing up. I never went trick-or-treating and the only costumes that I remember having (around J's age) were Wonder Woman and Strawberry Shortcake. Once I became a teenager, the only haunted house I would go to was the one that I could time exactly when the guy with the chainsaw would jump out ('cuz I don't do scary too well).

When I walked into work, J's guitar in hand, I got a standing ovation. I knew then that I had a good chance for the prize. I was in the company of Sar.ah Pa.lin, the moose she shot (lol), Joe the Plum.ber, the Bride of Fran.kenstein, V for Vend.etta, Ugly Betty, the cast from Alice in Wonder.land, and the guys (including the Wizard) from the All.tel commercial. That's only a few, b/c some of them were characters from movies that I hadn't seen. This being my second Halloween at the firm, I've learned to do it big. Peeps are kinda crazy 'round here, but we work hard. So when the company says that we can play...oh, we PLAYS!

Needless to say, I got very little work done. In the past, we've gone as a group to the nearby mall and paraded around...lookin' like a bunch of cornies. But since the office moved, these jokers suggested a new locale to look stupid and I just wasn't feeling it.

Me and Goth Girl (dressed as the Bride of Frankenstein) decided to grab some lunch at this hole-in-the-wall that I like. Now, the last time that we went, it was not crowded at all. The place only has 9 tables. Yesterday, and of course yesterday, 8 of those 9 tables were filled. This older lady saw us walk in and bust out laughing. So much for having a quiet lunch. 10 minutes later, she walked over to me and said that I had the best costume that she's ever seen and went on and on for about 5 minutes. She couldn't believe that my hair was actually my hair, for some reason. But was morseo drawn to my mustache...which I had to retouch at least twice. She eventually leaves with (who I assume to be) her husband. Can you believe....she came BACK 15 minutes later with a camera and a writing pad, begging to take my picture. So, I grabbed my guitar and threw her a couple of poses. She wanted my email address...she gave me some story why, but I didn't care b/c I just wanted to finish eating. Lol, she emailed me the photos that she took of me and bragged about how fantastic I am. I wondered, "Is THIS what Prince goes through on a regular basis?" Nah, he wouldn't have ever given up the contact info...especially to fanatics like myself!

Finally, it was time for the chili cookoff/costume contest. I had been waiting to taste some chili all week, but I was kinda anxious about the costume contest. Many people said that I had their vote (without so much as a promise of no new taxes, lol), but I didn't know if I was about to be bamboozled b/c of the Bradley Effect, lol. Anyway, I won!!! But these mofos wanted me to bust some celebratory Prince moves. Fugg that...my feet hurt and Prince was having cramps all day AND he JUST started his cycle. They got the deuce and a smile. I won a $30 gift certificate to a Mex.can restaurant...eh, it wasn't a new drill, but still appreciated. I'm not that big on Mex.ican so I guess that I'll just treat my friends to some burritos next week.

I couldn't WAIT to sling those boots off once I walked through my door. I thought about trick-or-treating in full gear but I got hills in my neighborhood...so yep, that wasn't going down. Boots came off, makeup came off...that lacey sh*t 'round my neck, ripped off. I pushed the hair out of my face, put on my fave jogging suit and my sneakers and was ready to go. J and I trick-or-treated for a couple of hours...as my fingers froze to my heavy-duty flashlight. We had fun. I love my wooded 'hood. It's VERY family-oriented but DAYUM, when are we getting some m-n-f-in' streetlights?! I wondered, "What would Prince do?"

Prince would probably trick-or-treat by strobelight.

4 comments:

LadyLee said...

Now THAT'S what I call a fun day! I bet you wish you could be Prince everyday (minus the boots, of course).

Glad you won the contest!

Serenity3-0 said...

You are a mess. You should have busted some moves at the office.. And you know you could knock those hills out in your area with those boots on. Don't play.. LOL.

clnmike said...

Now that sounds like fun, lol.

Anonymous said...

You mucst live in one of the counties. You know, they don't really like streetlights in the counties. Especially C'field. One of your headlights goes out on one of those roads, and you wind up in a ditch...

You had a guitar, too! That's hawt.