la-Z

Have you ever had someone cancel plans on you and instead of being disappointed, relief washes all over you? That's how I felt towards the end of last week. Relieved. Finally, I had a weekend when I could marinate in the previous day's funk if I wanted to. If you looked up homebody in the dictionary, you'd see a picture of me in my pink robe and a doo rag, cheesing next to a spoonful of yogurt Cheerio.s. Yes sir, I planned to put a serious butt dent in my recliner while watching movies. And that's just what I did...on Saturday. Today, I reworked my budget sheets, helped J with his book report on Ba.rack Oba.ma, and hit up one of my fave stores...Tar.get.

My aunt called and asked, "Whatchu doing?" I answered, "Nottadamnthang!" with a smile in my voice. Her nickname should be Negative Nelly, so I try to keep my convos with her short and sweet. I have been so tense at the job lately that I needed a mental vacation. And the great thing is that now that all the leaves have fallen, I got this new natural light bursting through the windows as if the gates of heaven opened up. And then I cracked the blinds in my livingroom and saw the many sh*tloads of leaves on what I assume to be my now 10 dead blades of grass and thought of hell. My neighbors will just have to be pi$$ed with me b/c I'm leaving that job to my daddy. He called to tell me that he'll be in Richmond for Christ.mas. I swear fo' lawd, that man nags me to death but he is far from lazy, so I'll just swallow my tongue for that week and a half that he's here.

Once I confirmed that I wouldn't spend Thanksgiving in the N.O., Tee happily informed me that I would get full and tipsy at her house. Honestly, if I didn't eat turkey and I wasn't surrounded by people, I would be just fine on Thursday. I have these moments when I seem to detach myself from folk, especially when I'm going through some things b/c I don't want to be a drag. But since I adopted Tee's crazy family, I look forward to seeing them again and doing an electric slide with a plate of food in my hand. But come Black Friday...go, go, gadget doo rag. Me and JJ might put up the Christ.mas tree, sip hot cocoa, and watch "The Grinch..." repeatedly.

Speaking of Tee, her man is/was trying to hook me up with some dude(s) that he knows. I'm unsure as to how I became "that girl" but I really don't need another Hype-man/PR rep and I surely don't need another dude to start trippin' on me over some dumb mess...i.e. Navy. I'm good for the time being. Or I will be once I have a few good books in my hand.

Any recommendations?

6 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

comical and we all get like that when it gets cold - least this country boy does

LadyLee said...

I'm a firm believer in one having to just veg out every now and again. You work hard. Sometimes you gotta tighten your doo-rag, pull the pink robe close and marinate in that funk, chile.

Funny post. You know I lurk, but had to say something, Beezy!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyin' your own space, your own home...there's nothing like it. As for books, what kind do you like or what are you in the mood for?

LB said...

@ Kelly - I like Christian fiction, self-help spiritual, financial...

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there!

I absolutely agree with this!

We DO need to just take time to enjoy our own company! I like being with myself! I like my time in solitude!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm sick of coming over here seeing this same damn post! Write something!