reunion

So I spent this evening watching my cuz's hubby deliver his first word and you know what? I am so glad that I went. It was a very emotional service and family reunion. I hadn't seen my church family from our first church in so long that I had forgotten all the love that they showed me and JJ when we moved up here. My cuz and her hubby are at this new church, Choir Boy had gone on to his new church, and I had gone on to mine but it was nice to have our core group and everyone else that I either sang in the choir with or counselled under all meet up in one common place and be together again. I learned that I should let go of some of the things that are hindering my relationships with people and that if I'm going to judge someone, I need to first take a hard look at myself. This was not the message that was given by my now Elder Cuz-In-Law, but one that was dropped in my spirit as I listened to some things on my mind be confirmed. This was also the first time IN A WHILE that I have prayed in the spirit. So I need to stop going through the motions and reignite the fire that I once had and get back to studying the word like I used to.

0 comments: