notes to self

I'm sitting here sipping some ginger ale from a wine glass again, so ya'll know that my nerves are bad. How does one ask you to babysit 2 children and show up with 3? I stood there literally counting heads before I asked, "Where da hell HER mama at?" I was prepared for Baby E and Lil Woman but that third lil broad wasn't part of the agreement. I was bam.boozled, hood.winked, and led ast.ray. And someone asked me to accompany them to a cookout at the last minute, but there was no way in hizell that I was gon' stroll anywhere with 3 kids.

Lil Woman walked up in there and said (oozing w/country twang), "Oooooo momma, we ought to move here with cousin LB. She got a nice house. Cousin LB, I'm gon' stay here a week before I go back home to Chatt.a.nooga since you got enough beds, ok? Can we get a tour?" I looked at her as if I didn't speak english.

And Baby E always reminds me that it is not my time for another baby. I'm so far removed from that baby stage that I don't recognize the different cries anymore, but this kid was just taking advantage of my ignorance and just wailed HARD for no daggone reason at all. Note to self: Pick up birth control prescription tomorrow. It wasn't that bad, but people need to understand that just b/c I miss MY kid, doesn't mean that I wish to take in all the neighborhood kids during my "mommy downtime."

My aunt called while they were all here and told me that she was going to be in town next week for Baby E's birthday. Then she said that she might be moving to Rich.mond b/c she was having a hard time in Chat-town. I promptly asked her who she was planning to stay with so that SHE is not confused. It sounded as if she hadn't talked it all over with my cuz, so I could take a breath. My aunt is one of those people that will call you and if you don't answer the phone, she thinks that you're looking at the caller id and decides to call you 4-5 more times in a row and THEN leaves some stalkerish message. Hence the reason why she doesn't have my cell number. I'm gonna pray that everything turns around for her b/c there's just not enough ginger ale in the world to soothe me after that turn of events. Note to self: Call Suzie B on Monday and schedule an appointment.

This has been an interesting day. I got up and did my early Saturday morning cleaning to some jazz before I met up with Goth Girl for brunch. I have been wanting to try out this diner that was voted Rich.mond's restaurant of the year in Sty.le Wee.kly. When I got there, she was chatting it up with this cute guy at the bar. He was there alone, so I asked her if she thought that he would want to join us. So we're all sitting there having a good time listening to his stories of when he worked at the Jeff.erson Hot.el. He was telling us of all these celebs that used code names like "Fil.thy Mc.Nasty" and "Harry Balls"...Tom.my Lee and Da.ve Cha.pelle, respectively...when ordering room service. It didn't matter if he was lying or not, b/c the stories were so funny that I could barely eat. We bonded when he mentioned that he'd been to Dra.go's in New Or.leans and had the char.broiled oys.ters and thought that, hands down, that was some of the best food that he had ever had. Now this morning, I had ordered a dish that had scrambled eggs mixed with andouille sausage and crawfish meat which was hella good but that was still NO comparison. Note to self: Go to Dra.go's next month, as soon as I get off the plane.

Anyways, at that moment, I just wanted to put him in my pocket but he looked young. It was funny that Goth Girl gave him her myspace page and let him know that he could find both her and me there. I just laughed b/c maybe I have been out of the game too long but I thought that people exchanged numbers and whatnot. Didn't matter, he knew that she was married, he knew that I had a kid, and he probably knew that that was going to be the last time that he ever talked to BOTH of us.

And then we had a run-in with the owner, who seemed to be SERIOUSLY annoyed that we wanted to split the check and was VERY rude about it. He insisted that one of us pay for the whole table. In the end, he split the check but I have decided that I wasn't going back. The event sobered me up real quick and he will not get my money again for ruining my high. But after skimming the restaurant reviews once I got home, I noticed that the owner was a repeat offender of that mess and had told one group "f*** you" as they were walking out of the door. So yep, that's a done deal.

After that, I followed Goth Girl home and then we went letterboxing, a treasure hunt of sorts. I love hanging with Goth Girl b/c she always opens my eyes to new experiences. So I was enjoying the architecture and cute little boutiques as we were walking around her neighborhood. We made it to this quaint little park, so small that if you blinked you'd miss it. We had to be inconspicous as we proceeded to dig around for this little notebook and stamp, hidden in an electrical box near a tree. Now, maybe I'm a little nutty (and I do love to wear flowers in my hair and Spiderman or bright smiley pinkey rings that JJ gives me when I go to work), but I thought that this was one of the coolest pasttimes. I can't wait until JJ comes back, so that we can make a stamp together and go letterboxing around Rich.mond. Goth Girl said that she'd love to do it with us and help J make his stamp, so it sounds like a plan.

I was a little late, but I made it to the baby shower anyway. Just in time for me to eat and leave b/c I had to hurry up and make it back to my side of town to babysit. So, it was definitely a full day. Note to self: develop a taste for wine quickly b/c this Ginger Ale just isn't cutting it. If I had known that it was going to turn out the way that it did, I would've ordered something stronger than a mimosa at brunch.

1 comments:

LadyLee said...

Now THAT'S what I call an interesting day!

I have NEVER heard of "letterboxing". Very interesting.

Looks like Lil' Woman is going to set up camp at your house. LOL!

Yeah... you need something a wee bit stronger than ginger ale. Goodness.