the cgw diaries - the island girl ramble, mon'



So I had an awesome time this weekend, but I'm in a "I am tired of my hair" mood. Short is not a problem, b/c I've had short hair several times before, but short and natural is a whole 'nother animal. It's not long enough for me to do anything besides wash 'n gos. And then, it just shrinks up so much that I give up. I'm just bored with it. However, I don't have the money to invest in all kinds of products that may make it do flips and somersaults. I went to a picnic in DC on Saturday and there were more natural heads there than not which is great, but I found myself coveting everyone else's curls/coils.

Anyway, I barely sat down Friday night b/c my dance card was FULL! I managed to put a flower in my hair to spice things up a bit. And yeah, me and SIP were REALLY SPICY on the dance floor. He even pinned my flower on his coat jacket, which got this other chick to back away who kept trying to block me. Unfortunately, when I got tired and tried to work my way through the crowd, I was spun around by someone else. Needless to say, those shoes HAD to come off but I had my emergency flip flops in my purse! I said that to say that although I'm tired of my hair, I was still told that I was "sexy" a few times and barely got a moment to breathe. So, my confidence has yet to take a dive, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't have a dream about spending an evening with a Fabu.laxer instead. Did I mention that this white chick grabbed my waist and complimented me on my ass? Um, yeah...I got a bit TOO MUCH attention.

Still growing (I guess),
Curly Girl Wonder aka LB

5 comments:

kisz4tj said...

You look FABU girlfriend!

Serenity3-0 said...

LOL. Love the photo. So what are you now the curly girl sex kitten? LOL~ Hmmm. That DC offer may be more enticing now huh?! Love the flower.

Yan Tan said...

Hey hunn just stopping by showing some love on your blog!! ;-p


**YanTan**


Come stop by sometime....

Anonymous said...

You looked great and it sounds like you had a ball! Holla at a sista next time you are up in the area! =)

ali said...

You look so purty!