no resolutions

No resolutions. They really don't last the whole year anyways...maybe the first quarter, at best. No superstitions. I am washing clothes and if this causes people to be washed out of my life like granny said, then so be it. No black eyed peas, no cabbage, and no dinner table bribes...just pizza, buffalo wings, honey buns, and ice cream sandwiches and a little ebay browsing. No toasting, singing, partying, or praying at the midnight hour...I hugged the excited boy, put on some Frank Sin.atra, and dodged HEARTFELT texts that inundated my inbox. No expiration date on the goals that I had last year and no deep introspection this year. The only thing that I'm clinging to...the only thing that I believe...

2008 is gonna be great...period.

I'm enjoying my final day of relaxation...still listening to "ol' blue eyes" and rambling football commentators. I'm trying to fight off the early stages of homesickness with cherry kool-aid and my comfy sweats. Although I had to master the art of picking my battles with pops, I'm going to miss him and am feeling a little sad to see him go. I may take down these Christmas decorations...then again, I may just watch a movie or beat the brakes off of JJ in this ongoing WWE wrestling tourney that we have going on playstation. I hope to win the canvas set that I bid on, but if not, oh well. Today, everything will be easy...and that's how I want the remaining 365 to be. And they will b/c the only thing that I'm clinging to...the only thing that I believe...

2008 is gonna be great...period.

My hopes for the year...that my blackened chicken will be less salty, that I will have more than doubled my real estate investment, that love finds me, that I rekindle my fire for my Lord, that JJ continues to be healthy, that I get a nice raise, that I benefit from counselling, that I laugh more, that I'm more productive, that I maintain focus, that I develop a taste for wine, that I take that cruise for my 30th birthday, that my hair continues to grow, that my skin begins to glow, that some really good movies are released, that good music is redefined, that my friendships are strengthened, that weak associations are loosed, and that 2008 is great, etc., etc., period.

3 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

"Develop a taste for wine?!" ~Blank Stare~ That wine is the devil.... Oh well could be worse. Could be Henn and ciggs... LMAO! Happy New Year chick!

glory said...

Most definitely. Have a blessed new year!

Serenity3-0 said...

Consistently inconsistent since 1978.. Can we get that changed in year 30????????????? Tapping my fingers waiting on some form of a blog update!