it's a wrap

I wish that I could say that I'm still wearing yesterday's funk, but for some reason I keep bathing...I guess that that's one of those ingrained behaviors. My bones are a little achy from sleeping on the couch last night. The one thing that I should've asked for was an electric blanket, b/c the physics behind hot air and tall ceilings conspired against me. But anyway...before passing out, J and I WERE watching The Polar Express and then Madasgascar. When I woke up, he apparently had gotten tired of being cold and ran for cover...on his top bunk. I figured that I might as well remain in my station since this boy naturally wakes up before 6am EVERY MORNING. That way, when he was ready to open presents, all I would have to do is sit up, observe, and feed off the excitement of a 6 y/o. I would have an edge over his PawPaw and his bad knees...well, I wouldn't be required to do the Fred San.ford shuffle to the tree.

5:50am: There was a nudge vigorous shake...a whisper loud voice...bright eyes and emerging dimples...and so it began...


Things that made noise...things that need batteries...


Things that require a computer, things with flashing lights...



But as entrancing as these gadgets might be, his most prized possession...



2 cardboard wrapping paper tubes...now, used to shoot marbles and random action figures across the room. The moral of THIS holiday story is....it doesn't take much technology to merry a child's Christmas.

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

You're such a good mommy. I took not one photo. LOL! Shouldn't you be at a happy hour somewhere?

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww look at his face!!!! Love it!

I'm so mad you guys were watching A Christmas Story! I couldn't find it on TV anywhere this year. Hmph.