monday mind dump

I'm kicking it with the kid today. It's one of those teacher training days, so the students were given a 3-hour early release. This would be cool if J's daycare wasn't closed today as well. I should be working hard, but I'm hardly working. I have to do a site visit for a reno project tomorrow, so I should (at the least) be knee-deep in existing floor plans. But I've been feeling kinda blah for the past few days. So I might intermingle work with that episode of The Ga.me (that I missed b/c the CW keeps changing air times), a few episodes of the Boon.docks (still wondering when in the hizell Season 3 is slated to start), and maybe an episode or 2 of The Hi.lls (I keep getting sidetracked when this show is on). I got enough leftovers, Twizz.lers, Ginger Ale, and Orange-Pineapple juice to carry me through this intense day of...uh, working.

Speaking of working, 'tis the season to count your blessings. The company Prez gave us a pep talk about the economic crisis on Friday. He said that we may have lean months ahead but that we're in a good position b/c kids will have to be educated and the convicted (in most cases) will be jailed (schools and correctional facilities are our specializations). I previously blogged about not being moved by the crisis. I still feel as if I have job security; however, I have more friends that didn't survive the second round of layoffs at my old job. I cannot help but be affected by that. I'm also feeling less optimistic about the financial goals that I wanted to attain during this quarter and the next. The Prez warned of us getting our financial houses in order...and well, he didn't have to tell me that, but I think that I may have to tighten up the purse strings a little more just so that I can sling more money towards my savings during this time. I feel pretty confident with my decision to not touch my 401K and other investments. I think that my concern is that if I pull out now, no one gives you the green light to take advantage of the upswing (when it comes) until after the fact. And I fear locking in my losses.

Despite the polls, this upcoming election concerns me as well. I will do my part, but I'm sitting here, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I think that this presidential race has brought out both the best and worst in people. I just don't have as much confidence that a country that has voted Bush for a second term will make an unbiased decision based on facts. I fear seeing "Quay.le's sister from another mister" possibly take over in the event that something happens to "that OTHER one". Then again, maybe I'm biased. I just hope that I'm wrong.

In other news, J and I had a mini-photo shoot at the Japa.nese Gar.dens at May.mont park yesterday. I fell in love with May.mont ever since I went there with Tatted Up...I don't think that I have written about him on here, but he is certainly not important enough to write about now. Anyway, I thought that this park would be the perfect backdrop for our family pics this year. I got this young dude at work (who wants to be a photo-journalist) to take some pics of us (on the cheap) while skipping about the koi fish and standing in front of waterfalls. I may post some when I get them, that is, if I get bold enough. I'm sure that EVERYONE would agree that I look like Beyon.ce on some of them...ya know, if you closed one eye and squinted HARD with the other one. This shoot lifted my spirits a little bit...especially considering how goofy J is (he gets that from his daddy, lol).

Well, I guess that I've wasted enough time...I must do some work watch my shows.

4 comments:

miss jo ladie said...

yeah i decided to leave my IRA alone too. it'll be what it'll be. i'll just keep checking on it.

i've been trying to keep the purse zipped. kinda hard sometimes. sitting here having cereal for lunch! LOL I mean times ain't THAT hard but every penny counts.

I wanna see pics!

Serenity3-0 said...

You should have asked the co. prez to help everyone out by giving y'all a bonus so you can save or something for hard times. LOL! And Beyonce huh? Where is CNN?

LB said...

CNN is still around...trying to do anything and everything. At least the excitement of it all is dying out on my end...hopefully, I can successfully go into hiding.

Anonymous said...

oh, and you don't want to look like bey. you don't. really. LOL!