curly girl wonder diaries - 8 month update

I wish that I could say something inspiring, cute, or exciting about this month but, honestly, I am so bored with my hair. Partly, I am tired of having short hair, but I really didn't feel this way until I went to the Zu.lu ball with my girlfriends, who incidentally have some serious "hang-time" and "whip-action". I got complements on my style, but I miss my long hair.

I could think of all kinds of styles that I could've experimented with...if I were relaxed. An elegant bun, loose curls, bone-straight, etc. The only creative thing that I did with my natural hair was to make a drammatic, red feather clip...which couldn't be seen in any of the pictures b/c I always pose on (what I think to be) my "good side."


Other than that, I have been doing protective styles...and well, there's only so many different ways that I can think to pin my twists. I do like sporting this black crochet hat that I got b/c I can spray my twists with my oil concoction and wear my bonnet on top and hide it with the hat.


I'm not interested in flat-ironing just yet b/c I'm in that "in-between" length. I did a wash 'n go while I was back home. This was mostly b/c I spent weeks in those twists and my scalp was craving a good scrub. The wash 'n go was my best option b/c I was crunched for time while on my vacay.


Eh...it's okay, I guess. So, to protect me from myself...i.e. doing another big chop, dying it some wack color, or gazing longingly at my dear fab.ulaxers, I revisited my coils from months ago.





I put these in yesterday. It took FOR-EV-A! Thank goodness, Mal.colm X was on. I did these on wet hair so they shrunk up higher than when I did my regular dry twists. I think that I made them smaller than what I used to so I may just let these ride for another couple of weeks.

I really don't want to have to think about how I'm going to style my hair for a while. I really don't want to think about my hair, in general, for a while. I guess it's growing but it seems that that's negligible.

I dunno...I'm in a bit of a "hair funk".

Keeping my head above water,

Curly Girl Wonder aka LB

2 comments:

kisz4tj said...

Your hair looks great curly wonder. It'll be long and BIG in no time. You'll be all the envy.

Sometimes you do have to just forget about it...just keep it healthy and let it be. You'll be your mojo back. I imagine you'd have a funk with your hair during in between stages be it relaxed or natural.

Anonymous said...

Sorry that you are in a hair funk. Meanwhile, I am looking at your hair with serious ENVY! *lol* I want it. My teeny weeny afro is giving me the blues and I wish it would grow faster.