epic fail

You KNOW it's bad when your son, who usually doesn't comment one way or the other, says..."What's with the hair???"

A lesson in leaving well enough alone.

Me on Saturday...



I was quite pleased with myself and my shrunken hair.

Me after getting "creative"...



HATED IT! This was sooooooooooo not the goal.

I tried to wet set my hair, which I hadn't done in a year.

Today, I got double-takes, compliments (I figure b/c my hair is less coily), and "wow, your hair is sure growing!"

And just b/c I hate washing my hair in the middle of the week, I'm gonna have to be even more creative as days go by.

I guess it's ok to make mistakes since I'm still learning, but I have placed the magnetic rollers down and have backed away slowly.

4 comments:

ali said...

Wow, your hair is growing like crazy!

Anonymous said...

*delurking*

I love it. Your hair looks great to me. I would certainly rock it.

*going back to lurkville*

~LisaB

Anonymous said...

Really, you hate it? I think it looks cute. It's different from what you've been rocking, but I still like it. Wait - my opinion is biased though because we all know that I've got total hair envy when it comes to your hair! *lol*

LB said...

@ ali - stretching it out kinda shocked me too.

@ LisaB - thanks for delurking! I appreciate the compliment.

@ mrstdj -I think you're right. I'm just not used to it being THIS big. I thought that I looked like a black version of Rose from the Golden Girls. I guess that I felt self-conscious b/c I thought people were looking at the massive size of my head.