can you pay my bills?

Mayne, FAMILY!!! I was talking to my "stalker aunt", T Val, last night. (She's my "stalker aunt" b/c she's real worrisome and will call you several times in a row b/c she thinks that you're sitting by the phone, looking at her number on Caller ID. And when you DO call her back or answer the phone, she has to know where you've been b/c well...she doesn't go anywhere and has THAT much time on her hands.) So anyway...I was talking to T Val and she was discussing her money woes. Her house was foreclosed on last year and she doesn't have enough money to make ends meet. Don't think that this is b/c of the state of the economy. She has been having money trouble before the day that I was born. You can't help but to have money trouble with an 8th grade education and no ambition...but she keeps her hair and nails did (yes, I said did).

Me: I don't know what's gonna happen. I just have my mind set on going home.
T Val: B*** (the convenience store that she's been working at for the past 30+ years in a non-managerial position b/c it would've been too much work) is talking 'bout letting go of some folks if they don't get bought out. Shoot, everybody worrying but I'm gon' eat regardless. I may be under someone else's roof but I'm gon' eat.
Me: **nervous** where you going?
T Val: I'm gon' stay with Tiff...c'mon up there to VA.
Me: You would come all the way out here instead of moving in with Les (her oldest son in ATL)...that's just 2 hours away from where you are.
T Val: I know but he gets on my nerves.
Me: You raised him!
T Val: Yeah, but let me tell you what he did...so he paid my lawyer bills for me right. It was like $1500.
Me: Really?!
T Val: Yeah but, this negro decided that since he paid the bill that he wasn't gonna get me anything for Christmas.
**Silence**
Me: Are you serious?
T Val: Yeah, can you believe that???
Me: What I can't believe is that he rolled off 15 $100-dollar bills to help you and you're griping about him not giving you socks or perfume for Christmas??? I mean, seriously???
T Val: He said that since he paid my bill all close to the holiday that I should consider that my Christmas present. I mean, how cheap can you get??? I didn't get nothing!
Me: **dumbfounded at how broke folks always want to be someone else's financial advisor** Did the lawyer's office call you around the holiday?
T Val: No.
Me: How about during the first quarter of this year?
T Val: No.
Me: Then you got peace of mind. Not just for Christmas but for all-year 'round!

Family! Sometimes you just want to choke 'em out.

8 comments:

Pam said...

T-Val sounds like a cousin of mine named *n*. Always mad 'cause someone won't 'loan' (ie; never to be seen again) her money for her bills.

chele said...

You gotta love 'em though.

Serenity3-0 said...

Why she got to be named Val??????????? LMAO... When my sister ran up a cell phone bill and I had to pay it, that was her gift for at least a year of holidays. She just got a birhtday gift from me this year. I'll say a prayer that she doesn't move near you.

Closed Account said...

Yea I hate people that fish for responses to open the door for them to ask you certain things lol.

kisz4tj said...

Thats crazy so I look forward to more commentary! lol

TJ said...

Ah, family. There are some you know would not be in your life if you weren't born with them. LOLOL.

Sistah Ant said...

Auntie is wiling. You were absolutely right, and she needed to hear that... even though if she's thinking like that, ain't nothing going to change it.

ali said...

Ahhh, family can't erase 'em from your DNA for anything...lol