uneventful but easy

My New Year's Day was uneventful...to most, I guess. I didn't participate in the common traditions...resolutions, black eyed peas and cabbage, drunkenness, church, or sports. It was just another day off and I like to capitalize on that time by making very minimal movements and rest. I...

...watched the series premieres of a few shows on HGTV.

...talked on the phone.

...took pictures of the hot garbage that is my backyard and uploaded them to the HGTV website, in hopes of winning a free outdoor space makeover from my favorite HGTV designer, the pretty one, Kim Myles.

...paid bills.

...wrote down the balances/worth of my assests and liabilities so that I can track where I stand mid-year and by year's end. Started to rethink stock investing and may hold off on that for the time being.

...napped.

...meditated. Thanked God for the kid and I's life, health, and financial status. Didn't ask for anything...just wanted to be thankful.

...went on a movie date...in the living room with J. I am totally in love with his laugh, but I wonder why its necessary for children to confirm that you see what they see throughout the whole movie...or even repeat what was said when I'm not deaf.

...made a root beer float with a little grape soda as requested. Ugh!

...took a green bubble bath. Shipped as a Christmas present from a g/f back home, the bubble bath's proceeds are donated to women's cancer research. I was a little hesitant at first b/c I didn't know if coloring my water today was going to lead me to phoning my gyne tomorrow. So far, everything's copacetic.

Uneventful but easy. I'm hoping that that sets the tone for the rest of the year...at least, the "easy" part of that statement. I already have events planned up to mid-year.

5 comments:

LadyLee said...

Good grief woman, you are productive even when you are off. What a day!

Anonymous said...

Mine too...totally uneventful, didn't leave the house.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

hey u just have a blessed 2009

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who didn't do the cabbage and black-eye peas thing..lol

Serenity3-0 said...

i know you have something to write about after a whole week of uneventful!