slide, giddyup, giddyup

OK, so this isn't a real blog. I got some things that I'm working on or working out. But I thought that I'd momentarily take down my "Gone Fishing" sign to post something close to my heart...Old School Bounce. New Orle.ans is home to many great things. Bounce music (circa early to mid 90s) is on my list...which is probably why Beyon.ce's extended version of "Get Me Bo.died" is (as Kat and I call it) my reset song for the club.

A friend of mine from high school posted this video on faceb.ook and my mood went from frantic to jiggly in 5 seconds. The whole song is really 9 minutes, but this video had me laughing at the dances we did and the music that made us hype...well, the video just has me laughing. I don't even know why I said "did" or "made" bcuz I still like bounce in small doses. Don't let a DJ spin this joint when I go back home this year cuz..uh...I'm doing a quick stretch and then the shoes are coming off.

Gimme what.cha got for a por.kchop...



URBAN DICTIONARY:
dj jubilee: the king of bounce. the new orleans hip- hop a music that set the format for crunk, buck, and screw music. jubilee has been making dances for the south since 1991

7 comments:

LadyLee said...

That was quite entertaining!

I saw DJ Jubilee down at the Jazz festival in 2000. THAT was a trip.

But when I was down there, it was during the rise of Cash Money crew, so uh, heard more of that than this!

But did uh, enjoy this type of music at a couple of weddings!

clnmike said...

Sounds a little like DC go go.

MrsSaditty said...

Ummmm...this took me back...waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back...can you say Back to the days at Rumors?

Anonymous said...

OMG! If I hear bounce music in my house one more time, Ima faint..wait, too late....*faints*

My kids are driving me insane with this *boughty, boughty, bounce* and the dances they do to the music have me rolling with laughter.

I guess my parents felt the same way when I was blasting Prince, Cameo,and The Funkadelics...lol

LB said...

@ LL - so there's this video of (someone that looks like) me...uh, maybe 5 months preggo...at my girl's wedding. I...I mean, She was twerkin' it.

@ Mike - Living as close as I do to DC, I still haven't gotten a handle on the go go genre...not sure if I recognize it when I hear it.

@ Saditty - I can't believe you said "Rumors". That IS waaaayyyy back. I was just thinking about "Whispers" the other day.

@ Ali - I don't know too much about new school bounce but it was funny to look back on the songs that we were into...ESPECIALLY the dances!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

im with Mike

have a blessed 2009

Closed Account said...

Um Nawlins was definitely unique lol