I's an OG!!!




This is ME!!! TODAY! On my birthday!!! Sue me, we're not Ol.an Mills over hea, but when I saw that Leezarus put my blogger pic on blast, I figured that I could step outside of my comfort zone with a more updated non-closeup.

Zoom in S30...you MIGHT be able to see the "pank" toenail polish and I guess those shoes are more sandal than they are peep toes, but you know waaayyyy more than me in the shoe dept. I sometimes wonder if the reason that we hooked up is b/c my momma tapped God on the shoulder and said, "Can you make sure she rubs off on my daughter? I'm so tired of looking at my baby with no lipstick on and a soulja rag." Well, I bought 3 dresses in the last 2 months, so I know that momma is kicking her heels now!

I've only officially been 30 y/o for 8 hours, but it has been a blast. I swear that I almost scorched the concrete b/c I was hot like fiyah today. And yes, it's MY day and I WILL talk much sh**!

My dad and JJ surprised me with cupcakes this morning and then I got an edible arrangement. Leezarus put a rush on those cookies...those cookies that I was s'posed to receive 6-8 months ago...and I've been munching on those bamas since I popped the tin. About 12 of my coworkers took me out to lunch and I got ice cream with sparklers in it...enough to singe my already non-existant eyebrows. I would say that peeps are trying to thicken a sista.

But it's ok. It's all love.

Today, I felt so much love from everyone around me that I got kinda teary-eyed. God has surely surrounded me with some great people. I had some friends that told me that turning 30 is rather anti-climactic. I sooooooo disagree. I woke up this morning saying, "I made it!" I felt the anticipation building all week and I'm far from disappointed today. I had a talk with God last night. I said, "Ya know, I have had many trials and tribulations in the past 30 years. Do you think that you can throw a sista a bone in the next 30?" I think He heard me...more importantly, I think that He felt me.

I'M STILL HERE IN MY RIGHT MIND!!!

I looked around my house and thought of how I only came to Rich.mond with my baby and 2 suitcases. And we made it! I looked at my JJ and thought of how I had no idea of what to do with a kid when I got pregnant. Now, he's the sweetest, yet silliest future preppie that you ever want to meet. We made it! I looked at old pictures of my momma and I remembered telling her that if something ever happened to her, then I wouldn't want to live. It was touch and go for a moment but, I'm still here...standing, stepping, STOMPING through life. Yes, I made it! And then I thought about the men that I dated...mostly the ones that tried to kill my spirit. HA! I made it...without your sorry a$$es (no offense, lol)!

So I'm toasting to the next 30 (which absolutely, positively HAS to be better than the last) with some lady friends tonight. Not sure if I'm coming home...not sure what all I'll remember...but I'm gon' beat the breaks out of this birthday!

WITH my soulja rag!

5 comments:

Closed Account said...

Happy happy birthday, were so glad you came....LOL That's my restuarant version of happy birthday! LOL My 30 yr old b-day was anti-climatic although I had a party, it was just a party for me, didnt think about turning 30 at all. And now that I'm 32 I seem to be forgetting how old I am...LOL shame aint it? Well I'm sure you had a blast, wish you many more.

Serenity3-0 said...

That is a pretty dress! I can't believe my eyes... You said you bought 3 dresses???????????????? Hold the presses.. I hope you enjoyed your night and I guess you won't have to get talked about b/c your toes are in order.. LOL! Happy Birthday!

BlackLiterature said...

Happy Bithday!

LadyLee said...

Happy birthday, OG!!

And, uh, when did you grow all that hair!

You can achieve with your weave, babes!

LOL!! Just messin with you!

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

Love the dress!!! I can't remember how I brought in 30. I guess it wasn't that exciting. lol