anger management

Suzie B once (ok, ok...2 and 3 times) asked me, "What do you do with your anger?" I could never answer that question. I cannot even believe that I would constantly look at her in confusion when I do the same thing that I have always done...I start projects (I may not always finish them, but I DO start them). I recall writing a post about this many moons and blog names ago. I have dubbed myself the emotional decorator in about 3 recent posts, but STILL thought that my anger remained bottled up. So I said that I was pretty p*ssed off last week...and I think that I had some other emotional overload a couple of weeks ago. So, here are the results...


Here is my loft/office/laundry folding & ironing/hurry-up-and-throw-the-clutter-up-here room. I painted this green accent wall last week, I think. This is the same color that I painted my hallway. I have visions of some nice vintage prints to really set off the green wall. I have been eyeing...



AND...

I just can't stay away from these prints for some reason. I did these chocolate mini-walls too...


Yep, I don't like it. I tried to leave it be to see if it grows on me, but so far, I'm still not feeling it. I saw this "pecan" paint chip and I think that it would lighten up the space, as well, as tie into a couple of my throw pillows downstairs. We'll see, but moving on...

So, I spent the weekend repainting my kitchen....just in time for a sporadically cloudy President's day in the 'hood, lol. As I mentioned in my last post, I purchased a color named "Squash". Lordhavmercyjesusandmaryandem, I don't know why my fave "paint girl" did not pull me to the side before I strolled out of the store with that gallon of sunshine. On it's own, I like it. It's a beautiful golden yellow color fit for someone's Florida beach house, maybe. I was anxious to see the tranformation after spending hours taping and priming the walls. But after painting half of a sliver of a wall that "squash" color, I had an urge for a #2 from Mickey D's. I couldn't even bare to take a picture of that atrocity, but imagine a bright, golden yellow behind THIS...



...certainly not preserving my home's country sexy! All I needed to do was to turn my bay window into a drive-through. I might as well have married Ron.ald McDon.ald. The color that it is in this pic is some Mocha color that I settled on when my colorwashing technique went 10 different kinds of wrong. But hey, I take chances. And people...I make these mistakes so that YOU don't have to...seriously. Then, of course, I'm also letting off steam and having fun at the same time.

So, I jumped in the ride (paint-splattered sweats, chipped black and NOW golden yellow nail polish, unkempt hair, and all) and headed back to my local Home De.pot...I was having a color crisis. I think that there were at least 4 other families in the same "color crisis" predicament b/c they were crowding my space. My eyes landed on this paint chip titled "Pum.pkin But.ter" and it looked yummy! I needed something to brighten up my dark kitchen and by George, John, Paul, and Ringo, I think that I had it. And here it is...



Much better than that mocha...and that "squash", trust me. You wouldn't even believe that I have a bunch of trees to the right, blocking some of my natural light.



Best of all, it doesn't compete with my red chairs. Eventually, I want a new dinette set, but that's not in the budget for this fiscal year, lol. Hell, I want granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, a mosaic backsplash like this...



**Wipes saliva** But moving on to more pics...



Still reppin' my N.O. roots with my Bour.bon Street apron!



I love my cabinets, but I don't think that they were made to show off my Target dishes.

So, there it is. Not everyone is going to appreciate my color choices or interior design style, but they make ME (and J) happy...fit our colorful personalities just fine. 'Nuff said. And my house has somewhat adopted my own personal motto...what I lack in size, I make up for in character.

Hopefully, I find another outlet to relieve tension b/c I'm running out of walls, lol.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I absolutely love the colors in your home...BEAUTIFUL, CLASSY, FUN AND LIVELY. I also and maybe even especially like the chocolate half walls. And even though you have chosen some vibrant paint colors I don't feel like it's sensory overload. You're doing a great job painting and decorating.

LB said...

Thank you!!! I really appreciate that...especially the mention on the chocolate walls b/c I had a couple of girlfriends to tell me that they liked it. Hmmmm....I might just leave it be a little while longer. Perhaps if I bought a sunburst mirror and hung it on the chocolate wall then that would help to bounce some light around....hmmmm. Thanks again.

LadyLee said...

Yeah LBeezy... can't wait for you to come paint my walls. Hurry up, ya wall paintin' maverick! lol.

Oh, I like the chocolate wall. Leave it!!

Yes, I need for you to paint my walls the same colors as yours. And don't forget to bring the paint:)

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm laughing at the fiscal year reference. You must be trying to put Candice Olsen out of a job.. I like teh paint in the kitchen. I have forgotten what color you said. I have to give it to you though, you are getting very good at painting...

Anonymous said...

Love it! I need to just get over it and paint my apt!

Nish said...

Loves the house and your colours esp the chocolate. You have no idea how happy it makes me to see someone own their own home because I also wish for one myself, I mean the freedom to decorate and redecorate at will! The possibilities, I am praying to own a home soon.. Anyway I am happy for you (envy is what I feel lol)Truly blessed you are!