random topic - kids

I must be in the Twi.light Zone. I just walked downstairs to check on J and he's sitting in his room...studying. I turned around and made sure that I was in the right house and yes, everything checked out.

His school had a half-day, which meant, I had a half-day. Although I didn't want to burn through my leave (especially considering how I don't have much of it), I guess that I'm forced to relax for the remainder of the day...at least, until his den meeting tonight. I'm still kinda mad that his afterschool care was closed as well. I gave the director the gas face when she reminded me. Then she said, "...but we're having taco night, TONIGHT!"

Sidebar: Do you ever just want to step out of character?

Man, I must've been in a mood b/c I just wanted to shout, "F*** yo' tacos!", flip them damn tables over, do the mexican hat dance, and walk out. LOL! Overly enthusiastic people discombobulate me, at times.

AN-E-WAYYYYY...I am so blessed. When I picked J up from school, one of the admin. ladies was going on and on about how sweet he is. This was the 3rd time in the last 7 days that another adult has commented on how polite J is. He was flashing every last one of his dimples. He makes me so daggone proud. She went on to say something about possibly taking him out to see her horses and then I was like, "Whoa, pump ya brakes....there will be no Never.land Ran.ch bizness over here."

But stuff like this makes you want to do more for your kids. Since he's been back, we've gone to King's Dominion and the State Fair. If everything goes according to plan then I'm taking him to the Bal.timore aquarium this weekend.

Now, let's flip the script...

My coworker was telling me how his son had a rough morning. He said that the little boy was just standing in the shower for minutes and minutes, doing nothing. When he called the little boy on it, the child spit in his face.

Now, pause for the cause...take a breath...and tell me,

How would YOU handle this?

8 comments:

BlackLiterature said...

Umm.... how old is this son.

Somehow, I think a belt would have been a part of my response no matter how old he was.

Geesh

LB said...

Oh, I forgot to mention...he's 6 y/o. I "clutched the pearls" so hard that I almost choked myself.

miss jo ladie said...

Now you know I HAD TO COMMENT! I'm with clnmike, beat dat ass til dawn! wtf? is he insane? i couldn't have been the first time he did that mess. no way no how.

chele said...

What clnmike said.

Serenity3-0 said...

I can't say what I would do on here for fear I ever have to do it and I won't be able to use "temporary insanity" in the defense proceedings. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say he's pink right?!

DJ Diva The Mixtress said...

He wouldn't have any more lips to be spitting..

LB said...

@ S23 - you win a cookie. Yes, ma'am.

kisz4tj said...

*Foaming at the mouth* @ PINK! Call 911 I'm coding!!

His kid spitting in his face is a "rough" morning?