the curly girl wonder diaries

Well, I'm a week late and many dollars short, but here's my 2-month update:



Month 0



Month 2

I couldn't quite recreate the head tilt and sepiatone (that I desperately needed b/c I am currently suffering from some sort of eye trauma which is rather unsightly), but its safe to say that I've achieved growth. (Am I almost there, Terry?!) I'm ready for my close-up...



Honestly, I haven't been as good to my hair as I should've been...especially with my plane hopping. So, I haven't deep-conditioned weekly, I can't remember the last hot oil treatment that I've done, I've had another set of hands in my hair **grin**, and on occasion, I have been caught sleeping "hair-naked" b/c I was too lazy to look for my satin cap. BUT, I have done another amla/henna treatment and have researched other ayur.vedic hair care recipes. For me, I gotta beautify on a budget so as long as everything is somewhere under $5 (preferably under $3), we're cooking with gas.

I'm still about keeping things simple. My reggie hasn't changed too much. I cowash with Herbal Ess.ence Hel.lo Hydra.tion, do a quick cold rinse (which seals the hair cuticle and chills my very soul), smooth on a dollop of Herbal Ess.ence None of You.r Frizz.ness, work it through small portions with my fingers, coil my straighter strands, toothbrush my edges, and go. I've noticed that after I put the conditioner in my hair while in the shower and then put on a plastic cap and proceed to uh...shower, (before I rinse it out) helps to moisturize my coils a great deal. And the cold rinse keeps the frizz at bay, as well.

I will probably be a conditioner-only gal for the long haul. I had been reluctant to try this sample of Mis.s Jess.ie's Curl.y Butt.ercreme that I was gifted b/c of its wax-y ingredients. In addition, even though I got it for free, I wasn't too pleased with the prices if I decided to make it a staple item. Well, it did elongate my curls but the touchability factor went down 10 points by the next day...maybe even later on during that same day. I just didn't care for the way that it felt on my hair after some time. Kink.y Cur.ly Cur.ling Cus.tard (KCCC) shrinks the hell outta my hair, so that has been downgraded to a gel that I only use to smooth my baby hairs...and at the rate I'm going, I'll prolly die before I run out of that jar. But I must admit...sometimes I just like unscrewing the lid and sniffing it. A sickness, I know. Anyway...

This Month's Mythbuster:

Combing my hair doesn't have to literally involve a comb. In fact, I've only used a comb once...and I can't really recall why. I think that I was guilted into it after watching a youtube vid. So, I check "no" for using a comb to detangle. My fingers appear to be doing a great job...and so far, no one else's fingers have been harmed during hair play. Perhaps when my hair is longer, I will have to modify my methods, but for right now, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Comment of the Month:

Can I touch it now? - New Man Friend (NMF)

I have received more compliments this month, but that question made me tingle.

Still glowing and growing,
Detangling and tingling,
Curly Girl Wonder aka LB

6 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Yeah! She arose from the dead.... Looks like your hair has grown a lot since the last photos. I love Herbal Essence None of that Frizzines. I use it to cowash daily. I've slacked on the DC too, but still try to get in once per week. Anyway, glad to see you are alive and kicking. By the way, did you get that package?

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks fabulous! I'm going to have to check out that HE Frizziness stuff. Your simple tips to me re: VO5 Moisture Milk Cond and Olive Oil have worked fabulously! I suppose I'll be ready for the next level soon. *lol*

LB said...

@ S23 - So, its safe to say that i got it, lol.
@ Mrstdj - if it works, stick with it. I just ran out of HE so I'll prolly go back to the V05 Moisture Milks. I was just trying to see if it makes my hair feel differently. Or combats the frizz. The 2 may be the same, but V05 wins on the fact that it only cost me a $1, as opposed to $2.99.

ali said...

Your hair looks so cute!!! Girl, you are gonna make me cut my issue off..lol

clnmike said...

Still looking good.

kisz4tj said...

love love love!!! Good job! I've gotta henna this weekend. I can't wait..I love what henna does for me.