it's.so.cooooooold in da V!

...well, not really, but it sure is pretty! And there is nothing sweeter than your phone ringing and your boss, on the other end, is saying, "Unless you have 4-wheel drive or a desparate need to come to the office, stay at home!" I wasn't going anyway, but I was glad that this was understood. I love the fact that everything is at a stand-still, but I'm wondering if I can get some pizza delivered to this piece!

I know that this isn't exciting to you northerners, but this is a first for me. I mean, I have seen snow several times since I moved up to VA, but it hasn't been to such a degree that my office closed down.



My Un-Welcome mat.


My covered skylight.




Let's have breakfast on my porch.







It almost looks as if I photo-shopped my flag. I should probably invest in a winter one.



Somewhere under there is my driveway.



The driveway.



My poor car has been there for me through thick and thin, but I bet she's cussing me out right about now...wondering why i have her up here in this foolishness.





My side steps...that I couldn't get to b/c my screen door was stuck.





One of the few times that I appreciated the trees.



My Ne.w Or.leans garden flag...how appropriate.





And here's the street.






The screen door that I usually kick open when its frozen shut, but I didn't bother today b/c I was afraid that I would bust it down.


The view from my sunroom to the hot (now cold) garbage that is my backyard.


My backyard shed. This is the view from my loft, so you can see the snow built up on the roof over my sunroom towards the bottom of this pic.


This is the best that my backyard has EVER looked.


The view from my bedroom window.


More bedroom views...


A portion of the neighbor's house...the ones that refuse to speak, but it's cool.

8 comments:

Drea said...

As much as I hate being cold, the snow always looks great in pictures. These are some great shots.

Bananas said...

Wow, snow. I can't even imagine that. It was 85 here yesterday. Played golf with the short pants on.

But I will say, it does look kinda cool.

Anonymous said...

Nice Pics...I didn't leave the house today. My neighbor called to ask if I had a shovel. I said "yeah, the sun and time!" hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Whoa, talk about being snowed in! Those pics are gorgeous!

Serenity3-0 said...

I need that storm door you got ASAP.. I just need to take myself to Lowe's. I'm jealous b/c I had to use vacation time to get out of work yesterday. Sucks~

clnmike said...

Lol, I gotcaught at work in this mess, which is not a problem.

My worry was other people who were on the roads.

It was like Dukes of Hazzards on Ice out here.

Anonymous said...

I love your house. In NY nothing ever gets shut down for snow.

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

snowed in atl too, and chk my blogs for pics i put up monday