contemplations

I am determined to not allow my blog to be the place at which I drop my stank attitude to the floor like today's gym bag, lol. Instead, I'll just discuss a few things that I have been contemplating over the past few weeks...

Oh, here's a pic of me and Navy...not my fave, but it will have to do. I get nervous about posting my mug on here for some reason, so for those who care to catch a glimpse of my night in DC, you'll have to go one extra step. ;-) Eh, two...my eyes look crazy depending upon the screen size, so please zoom in...thanks bunches.

**Tapping fingers** Things that I have been contemplating...

One
I wonder why I'm still on my.space. It was cool...in the beginning. It's kinda annoying now. The only people on my friend's list are people that I know from school, church, work, bloggers, etc...but they are people that I know. Go figure...I don't even pick up random strangers on the 'net. It's cool to catch up, but then I have some friends that take my.space a little too far. The worst thing Tom could've done was to allow people to change their status. I have this one chick on my list (from high school) who must be going through some bitter breakup, b/c everyday her status is something different.

Monday: High School Chick is tired of playing games.
Tuesday: High School Chick is laughing at all her imitators.
Wednesday: High School Chick is wondering why peeps think she is BooBoo the fool.
Thursday: High School Chick is sad about the way things turned out.
Friday: High School Chick is allowing God to comfort her.
Saturday: High School Chick is cutting off all her hair. New start, new attitude.
Sunday: High School Chick is happy and at peace...with her man.

Rinse and repeat.

Myspace...the new tool to keep manipulate a man.

Two
I have a cold that has been lingering for the past 3 weeks...caused me to miss a week of work. I'm not really sure if I have a sinus infection or some sort of allergy, but the most interesting thing is when you see people and you point to your throat to show them that you've lost your voice...and they still try to hold a conversation with you. That just boggles my mind. It reminds me of when I was in labor with JJ and my dad was standing over me, holding a magazine, and talking to me as if we weren't in a hospital and I wasn't laid up and in pain. I guess that I should be flattered, if bonding with me is THAT important. However, if I sounded like Mar.y J. Blige when I'm hoarse, instead of a muppet, I might be more apt to go that extra mile. Since that ain't the case, keep it moving and I'll holla at you when I can actually HOLLAR.

Three
Why did this boy wake me up at 5 in the morning on Monday? I mentioned this to my email sistas today, but I am perplexed as to why he thinks that standing over me and talking to me while I'm asleep is acceptable behavior. He had the nerve to tell me that since we were BOTH up at 5, we might as well get ready now so that he can get to school REALLY early. Ya know, I could understand this if he were the most studious or attentive child in the class, but this dude brought home to red behavior marks and a healthy sprinkling of yellow this month.

Four
I'm wondering when me and God are going to get on that level again. I know that He's waiting on me...I just need to figure out what it's going to take to get me to stop playing around.

Five
Some people are trying to shed a few extra pounds for the summer...others are trying to get a tan or a six-pack...I'm trying to cut down 7 trees in my front yard to get my grounds ready for weeding and seeding in the fall. So, I got a bootleg to cut down 4 trees, grind their stumps, and haul off the mess and debris for $1000....for those that don't know, considering the height of a tree, that stuff can be expensive. Well, he started last Thursday. Today is Tueday. Why do I only have 3 trees down, stumps still in the ground and the debris stacked up on the edge of my yard? Now, if I had paid him in advance, I would be calling him like a pimp looking for my money. I'm starting to wonder if the work that he's done so far is free. If so, then Christmas has come early this year.

Well, I'm done rambling...I'll hollar when I can actually HOLLAR!

7 comments:

Closed Account said...

Sorry you've been feeling bad. Glad to hear you didnt get any of the bad weather.

I have the same contemplation about #1. I canceled myspace middle of last year sometime cause it served me no purpose. I did actually met someone on there and he's cool. But nothing beyond friends. I sorta reopened it cause I was checking up on somebody but that was about it. LOL

LB said...

Thanks.

I'm laughing but I guess that I have to cop to checking up on people too...but you didn't read that from me, lol.

Anonymous said...

I'm suffering from some similar ailments- I've been home for 2 days now.

My 19 year old cousin changes her Myspace page to similar titles except she uses broken english "Cuzzin'nos u beechiz wunt hur man but he wantz me" Every day it's something different.

Nice pic of you and Navy!

LB said...

She speaks! Thanks for the compliment.

I'm sorry that you're feeling bad. I don't know what's going around but it's taking people out left and right. Hopefully, you'll be straight by tomorrow.

glory said...

myspace doesn't do it for me anymore, either...

DJ Diva said...

I have no idea why i'm on myspace either...maybe to keep up with my 50/11 little cousins...and call their mothers when I see their crazy tag lines....

You look very pretty in the pic! Those shoes are fire!

LB said...

Thank you much, lady. Unfortunately those shoes got to' up on the DC streets that night so I think that they may be retired.