the intro

I'm not new to this...and not entirely true to this.

Does that exempt me from having to make some grand introduction? Prolly not.

WHO AM I?

Well, I have had several blog identities and pages, but for the sake of starting this one on the good foot, I'll stick to LB.


Personally, I think that Diggs was funnier, but if I were to dredge up some of those old posts, I'd cringe at how often I cussed. I still slip, but I guess that my spirit can only take so much nowadays...which is a great thing.

The problem with Diggs was...she never realized her worth. Diggs was limited. Diggs pi$$ed people off both intentionally and unintentionally. Diggs was hurting, but masked it with a smile...and a swift verbal smackdown if beckoned. Diggs attracted the wrong people. Diggs invited drama but wondered why it kept following her. Don't get me wrong, she was mad cool and fun-loving...but not at all free.

LB? LB went hard on the spiritual tip in the beginning. She was one of those people that you didn't want to cross with some nonsense, b/c she had this spiritual awakening and felt it her responsibility to smack you so hard with "The Good Book" that the mirror-image of the word "Bible" would be permanently imprinted on your forehead. LB was about healing. LB was about redemption. LB had had enough and although she embarked on this intense spiritual journey, she was the queen of some bitter, angry, "Wait.ing to Ex.hale" blogs. Be that as it may, LB is one bad broad, flaws and all! She made no apologies and better yet, no excuses for the ones that wronged her. She made it through the dissolution of her romantic fantasy, a hurricane, and strained familial relationships...all at the price of her soul.


When she had no one or nothing else...she had God. And although she struggled through forgiveness and acceptance of reality, she's prolly 90% there, 100% at peace. Overall, both ladies exhibit qualities that tickle me and annoy me at present, but I respect LB's gangsta. I'm continuing on as LB b/c she made lifelong blog sista-friends and is the most pleasant to be around...but I guess that that depends on who you're talking to. Some would say that LB lacked swagger. I say...I could give a dayum of what those "some" would say. People change. LB knew when to make an exit and bowed out of the blog world gracefully to handle her personal bidness.

SO WHAT'S NEW?

In the voice of Bruh-man from the fif flo', "Nuthin'....just chillin'."

OK, really...I'm still in VA (Veeayyy, Veeayyy, Woooo) and recently, I bought a house. That's prolly my biggest accomplishment this year. Come on in...


Take off your shoes or scrub the floor, lol. Just kidding...um, somewhat. Have a seat. This IS a house with some cranberry juice. I know...my livingroom looks kinda naked without a coffee table, but I just can't seem to find one fabulous enough to grace my carpet. That doesn't even bother me as much as my armoire being as off-centered as it is. And since my last attempt at moving it involved my Ti Val and me almost tipping my television onto the floor, I decided to leave it as is. LB is also a little helpless and is waiting for her daddy's holiday visit before she corrects the situation.

**Takes breath** And...

I just got my son back after spending the summer in New Or.leans.


I couldn't be peach-ier. When I am without him, I am lost...a borderline basketcase. My baby J will be a first-grader starting tomorrow and 6 y/o on Friday. It will be interesting to see his adjustment at the new school. I'm pretty pleased with the Afr.ican Am.erican percentage at this school, especially since I felt that he was often singled out last year (as the only black boy in class). It was unfortunate how "black" became synonymous with "atten.tion defi.cit dis.order" in kindergarten. Hmph. I'm hoping that I don't have to turn into Diggs with his teacher...again...but I believe that there should be no problems.

**Takes breath** And...

I changed jobs. Still designing thangs, but on a different tip.

**Takes breath** And...

I'M NOT DATING! **Whew** For some reason, I felt the need to state that in all caps. With that said, this is a good time to start a blog up again b/c there is no reason for ANYBODY to be checking for me and vice versa. And to my knowledge, I'm not interested in anyone, but I have had 2 "inappropriate" dreams about a coworker that is making me believe that I have an affinity for yt frat boys that say lines like, "I'm of.f like a pair of pants." Please, let that not be so but I find myself gazing at his deep dimples in mid-eye roll. I wonder if he has dimples anywhere else??? Any-who...

It is what it is...my life, that is. My major concern? Lack of commitment. Hopefully, this blog will not die a slow and painful death from neglect. Until then...

It's Whateva, Mayne.

4 comments:

LadyLee said...

You know me... I. am. glad. you. are. BACK!!!!

And love the living room... come on down and do some designing wonders on my house!

Anonymous said...

She's BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKK

And mayne am I glad....

Congrats on the house mayne...got an extra bedroom for guests? LOL

glory said...

I'm glad to see you back, by the way. Glad to see you in the city of my birth - you might be passing my mama in the grocery store for all I know.

blackstar said...

So - you must be from Miss with the title of your blog. If so, So am I. I'm also in DC, so I'll be checking on you (your blog) to make sure you are alright up here homegirl!