my JJ on first grade...

...ON SCHOOL

ME: J, did you like your new school?
J: Yeah.
**crickets**
ME: So what did you do today?
J: I had school.
ME: I probably should've guessed that.

...ON SOCIALIZING

ME: J, did you make any new friends?
J: Um, I forgot to make new friends.
ME: How do you forget to make friends?
J: I have my own friends.
ME: OKKAYYY...
J: Wait I DID make a new friend...I think.
ME: Cool...what was his name?
J: Um, I forgot.

...ON RACE

ME: Well, are you the only black boy in class?
J: There's another black girl in class...
**secretly cheering since he now understands that we are black**
J: ...but I was the only brown boy.
**damn**
J: Everyone else had white skin.

...ON RELATIONSHIPS


J: Mommy, someone taught me that 100 plus 100 equals 200.
ME: Your teacher?
J: No, a girl.
**oh lawd, here we go...**
ME: What girl?
J: Kayla. I saw her at lunch but she sat far, far away. She came over and said "hi" and I said "hi" back.
ME: And that's when she started teaching you math?
J: Noooooooooooooooo
ME: OK, is she in your class?
J: No, but she goes to my daycare too.
ME: Is that when she taught you some math?
J: Yeah.
ME: How old is Kayla?
J: Oh, I think she's about 7.
ME: 7? She's a little old.
J: Yeah, and she's a brown girl.
ME: Do you like her?
J: Yeah.
ME: Knowing math never pulled a man for me back in my day.
J: What?
ME: Nuthin.'

2 comments:

LadyLee said...

Oh to be young again!!

LOL@"Knowing math never pulled a man for me back"

Anonymous said...

OMG this was too funny!

How about I have decided your son and Val's son will marry my twins...dang yall boys are so cute...