curly girl wonder diaries - it's my 1 year anniversary

...and the lack of motivation continues...

I thought of all the different ways that I could compose this post, but if you've been following my hair journey, then you've seen every pic that I've posted...no need to repost. I guess that I'll just show what a difference a year makes.

Remember this?



(Oh how I miss it so)

Well, a year later, I decided to celebrate with a wash n' go. I have taken 3 different pics but still can't seem to capture my natural coils...maybe that's simply the nature of having dark brown/black hair.





My hair decided that it wanted to cooperate this morning. I have been trying to perfect my wash n' gos for the summer without having to do a lot of work. If I can't style my hair in 10 minutes, then that defeats the purpose of a wash n' go to me.

I mixed aloe vera gel and Yes to Carrots conditioner in my hands while in the shower and just ran my fingers through my coils. I lightly rinsed with cool water and then shook my head like a polaroid picture, lol.

I am not too fond of my hair texture in the front, so I slicked that part back. And that was a wrap. I got a couple of compliments today (without the flower...go figure) so I felt relieved that I didn't look like "Who Shot John and Why".

Having dark hair is kind've tricky b/c you certainly don't want it to look dry. At the same time, the jheri curl look is not an option. I still have work to do on this b/c although I was pleased with the curl definition and sheen, my curls could stand to feel a little softer to the touch. They're not crunchy by any means...I guess I'm looking for...supple.

This is also unstretched hair, so perhaps it doesn't appear to be a lot of growth within a year. At any rate, I made it through my first year. The rest is supposed to be a breeze, right?

2 comments:

This One Woman said...

Congrats! Your wash and go is cute. Mine was working a couple of weeks ago but has since had a major malfuncion. Back to the drawing board on it!

ali said...

I just love your hair. I've been showing pics of yours and S23's to my daughter since she wants to go natural.