the "9 to 5" updo...take 1

So, here was the challenge...

After having mini-twists for 5 weeks, I was bored and refused to do mini-twists for a while. My go-to style is usually a puff, but I don't wanna continue to rely on it and possibly stress my edges.



I wanted to try an updo but thought that my hair wasn't long enough to do a cute one. In my head (I was short of actually drawing out what I envisioned), I wanted to simulate a puff, but without using an elastic band to push my hair back. My hair didn't really come out the way that I intended, so I decided to just make minor changes as I went.



I settled on doing flat twists all the way around my head, going upward into what I hope to be a bun one day soon. The decision to do a side-swept curly bang came at the last minute...mainly b/c I was tired...as can be witnessed by my crooked parts.


Now, here's the thing. I'm not a pro at doing flat twists, but I intend to keep practicing until its second nature. My mom taught me how to cornrow both overhand and underhand but the only time I did it was on my Barbie's hair and well...that was an entirely different situation. So, I need to master all of the above, preferably within the next few months.



I am challenging myself to do something different every week. We'll see how long that lasts.


Despite my crooked parts, I got a lot of compliments on the style today. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to carry off wearing my hair under a hat...without looking bald. I may attempt to cornrow into a low twisted bun, but again, I don't know just how much I butchered myself with my last trim.

4 comments:

This One Woman said...

You did a great job. It's cute!!

chele said...

It came out really nice!

ali said...

Me likey!

Serenity3-0 said...

It looks really pretty! You did a great job! What about a low side puff? With ur hat kind of titled to the side?