monday came...and went

As I recall, I was all-too-concerned about how I was going to react to Unc.le Jes.se this past Monday...when less than 24 hours after I wrote the last post, I was back over at Jesse's, partaking of the free cat scratches. Nothing SERIOUS happened...and I was smart this time. When it looked like the sun was merely THINKING about settling in for the night, I got the heck out of dodge. BUT SINCE..he has been over to help J (aka Harry Pott.er) give out Hall.oween candy...he has re-introduced me to his best friend (who I had already met at the theme park a few weeks back AND who is currently dating another co-worker of ours)...and some way, some how Thanksgiving plans were made when I decided that I wasn't about to drop $500 for plane tickets to go back home (his best friend wants us all to get together for the holiday).

NOW, dude is talking about going to church with me (a church that I attend with ANOTHER coworker) and joining my Tuesday lunch Bi.ble Study group when I didn't even think that he was THAT religious/spiritual/whatever of a person. NOW, dude is saying things like "You could be pregnant" when I even mention that my stomach hurts but yet, he's the only one smiling after a statement like that and saying how it would be ok, b/c we'd have pretty babies. NOW, dude is taking measures to stop smoking at the mere mention of me saying that it bothers me b/c we both have family histories of cancer. His son has even gotten in on the act...trying to keep J and I over at his crib last night when they KNEW that I had no plans to stay b/c I needed to come back home so that I can get ready for church today.

We had THE talk...I said that I was getting used to the age difference...I said that I still had an issue with the work situation...I said that he was not the first white man that I dated, but certainly the first that found out all of Vict.oria's secrets...I said that I feel weird...and he stood there unphased. Ya know, a certain chick, who will remain nameless **cough** S23 **cough**, LAUGHED when I said that I didn't want to wake up and be in a relationship...but this sure as heck feels like we have LEAPED over into something serious and I'm on the verge of freaking.the.heck.out! I was trying to hold off on making any decisions until January 1st, but at this rate, I feel like I'm about to be married and knocked up by Christmas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.wow.wow.
i was right where you are this time last year.
i don't even know what to say. all depends on how you feel about it all. you diggin'dude? will he slow down if you explain it again?

Serenity3-0 said...

All I need to know is what color shoes should I be looking for? Will it be a spring or summer wedding? My foot is handicapped right now so I can't wear my usual clear heels, but hey I guess I wouldn't be able to wear them on a farm anyway... I can't handle animals. I'm allergic to them. Can I just send my kid in my place? LOL! Oh yeah, make sure to keep the undies away b/c you know he'll want to have another tighty whitie event. LOL!

Anonymous said...

aight Bee! I need an update LOL