Progress

Wow!  It has been almost 4 months since I last blogged.  Of course, much has happened, 15 year HS reunion, my son's father got married, Christmas/New Year's in N.O. during which I met his new wife and his new mother-in-law (talk about ambushed), my son's uncle/godfather passed away (heart attack at 35 y/o), girl meets new boy, girl stops talking to said new boy, girl has a wonderful "run-in" with an old boy from the past (read between the lines on that one), and now girl decides to avoid all those topics to talk about hair, lol.  I may get to them later, but just note that I have high hopes for 2012 and brought this New Year in smiling...aaaaaannnnd dancing barefoot on a couch in a club with a champagne flute in hand.  Buuutttt, back to the point of this blog...

I have to admit that I have not been as good with taking care of my hair as I was in the beginning of last year.  I am trying to get back in the groove but my schedule doesn't allow for all-day spa sessions.  But what I have noticed is...I don't have to sacrifice "life" for my hair.  And what I mean is, I would continuously watch youtube vids and follow the do's and don'ts of growing out my hair but it's really not THAT serious.  I have done all the wrong things like not sleeping with a satin bonnet, using un-natural products, used heat, not protective styling, and plain ole not really giving a sh*t to a certain extent.  So here's my progress...

January 2011


You couldn't tell me that my hair wasn't banging then!

October 2011


November 2011


Used a blow-dryer to stretch

December 2011
  

First time that I've had my hair professionally flat-ironed in the past 2 and a half years.

Got countless comments on whether or not this was all of my hair...nothing against weave, I just simply can't afford it.

 
And back again!

So, my new hair goals for 2012...have fun with it!



4 comments:

bayoucreole said...

Your hair is gorgeous! Wow! It's grown soooo much...I bet you are getting weaved checked. LOL
But, uhhhh, when ya gotta tell us 'bout the rest of the stuff? :)

LB said...

I might post about the "run-in" soon. Take home message: alcohol is a helluva drug.

Nish said...

Wow, such gorgeous hair, keep it up.. wish I could keep mine as 'did' as yours!

LB said...

Thanks, Nish!